Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not long to go before kick off - Where is your Albion Mojo?

Where is your Albion Mojo today?

• Total voters

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seriously excited about being at the game on Saturday but that's seriously tempered by what feels like odd preparation- both in terms of friendlies and in/out signings- and injuries.
It would probably be a 9 if we'd signed a striker and one or two other players.

Last edited:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
5 - My fire is unlit at present.

Injuries to Lamptey, Welbeck and Burn are frustrating.

And our transfer window hasn’t really taken off. Players like Sarmiento & Mitoma look incredibly exciting but probably won’t be getting me off my seat at the Amex for a few years. Mwepu is clearly a good player but we’ve another dozen players in central midfield, I’m not sure where he fits other than being a long term replacement for Biss if we sell, he is not going to solve our finishing problem.

This transfer window is all about getting top players to compete with March, Lamptey and Maupay for their respective positions. As yet, we’ve not got the wing-backs or the striker that we need in, we still have a dozen players who need shifting off our books as well.

White has gone and it’s hurt a little but no one has been brought in to ease the pain. But the real pain will kick in on Saturday where we are bound to miss half a dozen big chances.

Exactly where I’m at. HOWEVER, I am looking forward to going to games again, so that raises me to a 7. But I’m a little bit astonished we haven’t strengthened any of the glaring issues in our squad - I expected some Veltman style ‘unveiling’ of new signings we had already lined up in the three areas you mentioned, as they are so obviously what we need. And that makes me worry that the problem is a bit deeper - why can Brentford keep signing and developing great strikers and we can’t?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Voted 5.
Probably will change on the morning of the Watford match.

Not going to watch the Albion for a year and a half has made me realise I’m not as obsessed about football as maybe 5 years ago.
I think before Covid I was starting to look forward to a days drinking on a match day rather than the actual football.
I decided to have a break from drinking this year and it’s been 6 months so far, hopefully I can enjoy the football again without being hammered.

Well done :smile:. Do you feel healthier for it?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Considering most on here thought Connolly should go out on loan this season, and now we're resting a large amount of our hopes on him as being one of our few striking options, says it all for me. Was a 4 - now a 3.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well done :smile:. Do you feel healthier for it?

Thanks.
Yes definitely feeling better, my mental health has improved and I feel I’m a better person ( I can be a bit moody)

I didn’t drink in the week but sometimes overdid it at the weekend and then suffered with bad hangovers, on a home match day I would start drinking at midday but late afternoon I would have a splitting headache.

I originally gave drinking a rest because I wasn’t going out and needed to do some decorating at the weekends, having a clear head made it easier.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Higher than last year as we have the best squad of players than we ever have had. The young players will have hopefully improved, we have a couple of good signings, a great manager, owner, CEO, stadium, back watching live football, Harvey's, Piglet Pies, seeing mates again. In fact could not be higher...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I am amazed how low it is for some.

This is the best squad the club has ever had in our history! The longest we have ever been in the top flight. We have a top young manager who is destined for big things coaching a squad at a state of the art training ground and get to watch it all at an amazing stadium. Not to mention the best owner we could ever imagine having.

Just because we haven't signed this unicorn of a "20 goal a season" striker doesn't mean we are relegation favorites. We haven't had a 20 goal a season striker in the past 4 seasons and we are still here. Hardly anyone teams in the Premier League have a 20 goal a season striker outside of the very top clubs. Cheer up everyone and UP THE ALBION!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Only. a 6 as we need a striker .

Exactly this. Normally a fortnight away from the big big kick off l am chomping at the bit to get started, and l should be mega excited at getting back to the Amex now that the Pandemic is under some semblance of control.

However the continued lack of a new striker signing, and with Welbeck being missing for who knows how many weeks, brings my excitement value down from 27 . . . to a 6.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
pretty low after Potter just came out and said that he has no expectation of us moving on from 16th in the table.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes interesting that, after his boss said he was hoping for a top ten finish.

His boss is living in cloud cuckoo land if he expects or even dreams of a top ten finish without giving Potter some new tools for the job

Is Bloom really that stupid? I think not, so we can expect signings before the window closes and good ones at that surely?

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Burnley (A) & Watford (H) - an 8 - because it is the return of full stadiums, days out with mates etc etc

Beyond that - a 4 - Potter's press conference this afternoon provided a depressing realisation that it is unlikely we will be making the one key signing that we need in a Striker, as that is what we need to progress beyond 16th place...

Nor have I seen enough evidence across pre-season to convince me that we have improved our weaknesses from last year; so another long slog ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here