Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not long to go before kick off - Where is your Albion Mojo?

Where is your Albion Mojo today?

• Total voters

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Gone for 10 for one simple reason - I changed jobs recently that came with a decent pay rise and WFH which has given me the cash to be able to buy myself and my youngest son a season ticket this season. Had one at the Goldstone but since then it was always casual tickets. Can't blooming wait until Watford and my son is an Albion nut so he's going to be over the moon that day !!!!!

Great stuff. Sure your boy is mega excited.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
9: I'm desperate for proper football, got a ticket for the Everton game and just bored to tears with transfer bull, international footy, the Olympics, kids football and virtually everything else that isn't BHAFC league and cup real stuff.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
7-Good to see the core of the team kept together, Yes we sold White but in fairness he was only here for 1 season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
6 - very much on the fence but a tad nervous at present

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm a full on 10 for getting back into a packed Amex and seeing my mates again.

Team wise I'm probably a 4. We have a much worse defence and only Andone back in for Ali J up top. A full back and a quick player who can finish will have the on field mojo heading right up but it's not there yet.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

Despite the loss of White, I think we'll be at least as good defensively and in midfield as last year. Perhaps better if Mwepu turns out to be the key to get us to transition through midfield to attack quicker.

On the flipside ... we still need another striker. A 10+ in a season player to play alongside / add competition for Maupay and Connolly. The former, to hopefully take some of the pressure off him and work with him and generate more goals from Maupay. The latter, to keep him out of the side until he sorts himself out and begins scoring. Maybe Andone being back and fit provides that ... but I'd be happier if we'd brought in someone new, without any Brighton baggage.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Gone for 4 - very dull off season transfer wise and there's been a lot of great sport on over the summer. Not too interested in the season starting just yet but hopefully that'll change come Saturday.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A 6 for now. I know I'll be a nervous 9 come Saturday but our lack of strikers is really weighing me down at the moment. Fingers well and truly crossed for something out of the blue before the weekend.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A 6 for now. I know I'll be a nervous 9 come Saturday but our lack of strikers is really weighing me down at the moment. Fingers well and truly crossed for something out of the blue before the weekend.
Maybe Big Jurge will return?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Feeling flat.

I am generally an optimistic person but the prospect of watching last season play out all over again is not a good one.

I am worried about our lack of goals, I'm worried that Lamptey has been out for 8 months and we haven't got cover, I don't understand why we let Ostigard join Stoke on loan when Veltman cannot cover for both Lamptey and White.

None of it makes any sense. Of course, if we sing Edouard and Cucurella all will be well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I currently have NO Albion mojo, at all.

That isn't to say I'm particularly negative about it all - just strangely detached / disinterested.

Guess that will change once we get started. Hope so.

This.

Partly due to my son and NS companion going away to uni in September. The thought of the whole malarkey of park n rides seems a bit off-putting after not going to the Amex since Feb 2020.

Bloom could complete up my mojo by bringing in a quality striker.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I feel a bit numb tbh.

The team feels roughly the same as last year.

The big squad change has been White out, Mwepu in.
These moves could balance each other out to some degree.
I genuinely think White will be a bigger loss than most think.
But, Mwepu could really surprise us with his ability and infectious personality / positivity.

That said, this isn't Fifa or Football Manager which means there is a chance some of the youngsters could step up, or players like Maupay find some form. And maybe Welbeck isn't injured half the season... (who am I kidding)

Oh, and I'm not sure a player like Cucurella will elevate the first 11. Definitely strengthen the squad depth. I feel like we get a little over-excited at the sniff of just about any transfer. If we do sign him I'd be extremely happy to eat humble pie.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
May - 9 regained a season ticket after 6 years in the wilderness and finished strongly with decent distance on the bottom 3

Now 6 - After some early good editions and a trimming of the squad we seemed to have stalled in progressing key areas. Sure there maybe factors behind the scenes but would have liked a statement of intent and dealt with the key areas promptly

Should be excited in attending again especially with my eldest for his first season but feel a bit flat maybe it’s everything going on in the world and disappointment of the euros but hoping we seize the opportunity across the early games to get some points on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here