Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy with new nsc format its rubbish

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I will still be looking to change things like that.

good, i do hope so. i understand the need to upgrade, but the old one had a very "clean" look. can we at least have it skinable so we can drop all the fancy fading, larger font and the oversized icons?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's slick and its mostly blue which reflects our team.. lets move on and get used to it !:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Get used to it , this is how a proper forum board should look like in 2010.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
f*** it, I'm going to turn it off and just drink cider instead (as opposed to 'as well as').
We haven't had a proper flounce for ages :flounce:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I honestly can't understand why ANYONE is coming up with any negative comments regarding the new style, it has been well documented as why it has been upgraded / changed, just to remind everyone again................

1. There is no going back...

i) The last install of vBulletin was broken all over the place and it was getting worse with each passing day. This is the latest, and best, version of vBulletin and it's here where we'll be staying.

ii) There were limitations in efficiency enhancements that could be made with the last version and we'd reached the end of the line. NSC was/is costing approaching £300 per month to run and, for the first time in a long time, NSC was becoming cash negative each month. This version allows some efficiency changes to be made that could help reduce the cost of hosting NSC. This is essential to ensure the long term health of NSC.
2. Constructive criticism is, of course, welcome. "I don't like it" is not constructive.

3. As far as I can tell, nothing has been 'lost' in this upgrade either in terms of data or board functionality. In fact, this version allows far more options on how NSC can be run, many of which I've not even looked at turning on yet.

4. The 'change' is not finished. There are a lot of tweaks I want to do with regard to colours and font sizes etc to give the board a look that is more pleasing on the eye, and probably more similar to what most grew used to over the last few years. But, like some, I have a life away from NSC - a job that pays and a family that give love - so please excuse me if the changes do not happen as quickly as you'd like. I'm doing my best and my old school PE teacher said that was all any of us can do.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
f*** it, I'm going to turn it off and just drink cider instead (as opposed to 'as well as').

That's just your problem isn't it! Always thinking of your self!

You've ruined my life! I hate you!

article-1264717-002DF46500000258-306_468x385.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did try change my avater earlier and couldn't find how to do it - did click edit personal details and it was all odd and technical - not a biggy tho just thought u may want to know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here