Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not at the parade thread

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Oh good, something else that should make this board happy but has now turned into a good fans v bad fans squabble and a complete lack of empathy.

I wasn't there, I was playing cricket (I was excellent, we need 5 off 3 balls with one wicket). If I hadn't have been I doubt i'd have gone, that sort of thing doesn't really excite me anymore.

Why don't the people who were there, just be happy they enjoyed it rather whining and bitching and bad fanning people? You lot are making the 'plastic' Man U fans seem quite appealing

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And you could have watched it in the pub AND come to the celebrations, so no excuse really.
Don't need an excuse, I wasn't there because I didn't want to go. I was there in 79 and 83, and again twice recently when we won the two championships, and yes you're right, they're great fun and they don't come around that often.

But .... This is, what, the third time in recent years we've celebrated getting out of the same division! In some ways it's a bit like going to the same place on holiday time after time; it's great the first time but after a while you yearn for something more exotic. Will definitely be there for the parade to celebrate promotion to the Premiership!

EDIT: I would definitely have gone if the draw at Notts County had meant we were champions, but as has been mentioned almost all of the last month has had an "after the Lord Mayor's show" feel.

Last edited:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
All this carping about what one must and must not do to be a Brighton fan is pretty dull. When did it become compulsory to attend every single event linked with the Albion to be considered a true fan? For the record, I was there for the parade and am glad I took it in, but would not be feeling like a 'bad fan' if I hadn't gone. There is a life beyond football after all, so there is no need to make weak excuses about the time not being right, or that watching Man U vs Chelsea is more important - if you couldn't be arsed to go, it doesn't make you a bad fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here