Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

not at the parade thread

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is incredible isn't it? And if you really wanted to see the game, it finished at 6pm. Would have been easy enough to watch it in a Brighton pub and still make it to Madeira Drive in time. Pathetic.

Indeed.
I watched the first half in the Walkabout (or whatever its called now) until my stomach could no longer take the sight of the pathetic PLASTICS jumping around pretending like they actually gave a f***.

I walked out at about 5.30 and watched some REAL Champions come along the seafront. And it was BRILLIANT.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Had a bloody brillaint day despite a 2 day hangover from Nottingham, stll managed to get down there, hangover excuses not acceptable! what a weekend!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Indeed.
I watched the first half in the Walkabout (or whatever its called now) until my stomach could no longer take the sight of the pathetic PLASTICS jumping around pretending like they actually gave a f***.

I walked out at about 5.30 and watched some REAL Champions come along the seafront. And it was BRILLIANT.

That

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't believe anybody wanted to watch Manure and Chelski....not our division.not a FOLLOWER of either club,overpaid prima donna's.Brighton Born,Brighton Fan...end of!

Sep 1, 2010
Can't believe anybody wanted to watch Manure and Chelski....not our division.not a FOLLOWER of either club,overpaid prima donna's.Brighton Born,Brighton Fan...end of!

Well said. Although we have to accept there are gonna be quite a few part time Albion fans from now on, which is fine as any new fan is welcome in my opinion but this 'type' of fan is quite common now.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm gutted to miss out, the apathy towards this is unbelievable. Just can't understand why you wouldn't want to go.
It's embarrassing.

Sounds like those who went had a great time & I hope the team & most importantly the manager weren't disappointed.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes, because young children regularly DIE if they're not tucked in bed by 9pm, once in a blue moon. :rolleyes:
Or perhaps they're a bit grouchy the next day, god forbid.

The parade today was BRILLIANT. Anyone who could have gone but didn't is a binner, and their kids missed out.

FACT.

This.

Our two loved it. Had a chippy tea opposite The Honey Club. We got home about 8.30pm and they went straight to bed and more importantly to sleep. Bit silly to buy the boy a whistle though

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This.

Our two loved it. Had a chippy tea opposite The Honey Club. We got home about 8.30pm and they went straight to bed and more importantly to sleep. Bit silly to buy the boy a whistle though

Our two (4 and 2 years old) loved it too - we had a promotion party at my Brother in laws' which was topped by his family decorating their house and balcony with flags and banners. Our boys then 'appeared' on the balcony with the eldest holding a drinks bottle above his head and jumping up and down singing 'championes' with his cousins and our youngest jumping up and down along side him. The brainwashing is complete now!

We all then went to the parade - the older kids walked with the bus from Hove whilst we took the younger ones and parked by Brighton Town Hall and walked to Madeira Drive.

When we got there , I would say there was maybe 2k people max but it rapidly filled up and I would think it was between 5 and 6k at least when the buses arrived (based on the south stand holding 4.5k and it being a bit bigger than that). Our relatives who walked with the bus were a good 30 or so metres to the left of the balcony as you looked at it and were were a similar distance to the right of it and in between was a fairly well attended group. The boys and their mum got their photo in today's argus (the youngest is looking perplexed and I'm hidden by my eldest who I was holding as he stood on the barrier).

We got the boys home about 8.00 - bathed and in bed by 8.45. Our 2 year old was singing 'oh gary hart' and 'Sussex by the sea' in the car all the way back home. I'm sure I havn't damaged them for that late night although the long term damage of recruiting them as Albion fans will have the NSPCC knocking on my door.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Speaking from a NON Brighton Born, but Brighton fan.

Simples....i watched it because it was a bloody good game of football played by some of the best players in the world and actually for a change had something riding on it.

I have seen over the 36 years of supporting this club, many parades, ceremonies etc etc and as someone said the presentation at the Hudds game was as far as I was concerned the final act of this season, therefore I chose not to go to see people waving from a bus. ( anyone remember the one when we go to the first division that absolutely hammered along the seafront and if you were lucky you glimpsed players hanging on for dear life?)

If that makes me a bad fan, then so be it...I am really going to loose sleep worrying about how some of the posters on here think!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Well I enjoyed it, and one of my daughters (15) who has never shown an interest in football came along and loved it. The people who didn't come missed a good afternoon, but surely that is up to them. The players loved it, you could see it on their faces. Most of them were videoing from their phones with great big smiles on their faces. I know earlier parades were better attended, but as I say it was a good afternoon.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd say it was more enjoyable than the last parades. Everyone there was singing and i didn't see one person not smiling.

Doesnt really matter about numbers , in the middle you wouldnt of known any difference between 5k and 50k.

Those not there missed out I'd say

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
yes....I thought it was a decent game.
Indeed it was. It's the only Premiership game I've watched in full all season (despite being a Sky Sports subscriber) but it was great. And it was basically a cup final rather than a tedious sparring match and that added to it. I wasn't going to watch it but my daughter's boyfriend is a Man U fan (Sussex born and bred), and she wanted to watch it to 'make sure he'd be in a good mood'. And you're spot on with your earlier post, we've DONE with this season now, have done for weeks; it felt like the time they tried to have a parade a month or so after winnign the play-off final. Plus I didn't want to fork out the best part of £16 so the four of us could get the bus from Fiveways down to the Old Steine and back. (Hopefully our new Green council will nationalise the buses).

Yeah, yeah, 'bad fan' yadda yadda yadda, but like you I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. Glad those that went enjoyed themselves, we all did when we won this before when the kids were younger.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Its the cricket season. Watching susex humiliate Middlesex was more fun than watching Gus on the Bus.

And we had no trains from mid sussex so it was a bus replacement service.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Indeed.

I was in there too, plastics f***ing everywhere, £2 a pint was marvelous though!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wonder if those who watched the Man U v Chelsea match will even remember what happened in that particular match in five years time. Just another Premiership game that will soon be forgotten about. Reckon you'd remember the parade tho. It was only, what, the 6th time we've ever won anything - in 110 years. Yet some people would rather watch a game between two other sides on the telly.

And you could have watched it in the pub AND come to the celebrations, so no excuse really.

As I said before, those who couldn't be bothered really did miss out. A fantastic afternoon with a brilliant atmosphere - and great for the kids (well, apart from the swearing by our ruffian manager, of course!)

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder if those who watched the Man U v Chelsea match will even remember what happened in that particular match in five years time. Just another Premiership game that will soon be forgotten about. Reckon you'd remember the parade tho. It was only, what, the 6th time we've ever won anything - in 110 years. Yet some people would rather watch a game between two other sides on the telly.

And you could have watched it in the pub AND come to the celebrations, so no excuse really.

As I said before, those who couldn't be bothered really did miss out. A fantastic afternoon with a brilliant atmosphere - and great for the kids (well, apart from the swearing by our ruffian manager, of course!)

yadda yadda yadda

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here