Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a strong Tennis contingent on this forum then?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I was a member at the Weald for a few years until kids and other commitments just took all of my spare time away. Left there about 13/14 years ago. Do they still run the 'Pimms Tournament' in the summer?

Not that I'm aware of, there is now a massive junior event held in the summer and social events on the whole aren't as well supported as they used to be.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Not that I'm aware of, there is now a massive junior event held in the summer and social events on the whole aren't as well supported as they used to be.

hmm, i guess id only want to play socially there or maybe some scrub leagues, i dont want to play against 'tennis kids.'

playing on a carpet court has ruined me as the ball bounces so low and fast you can just serve big and then wail on the ball from the back of the court. soon as i played at uni i got found out real quick

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
hmm, i guess id only want to play socially there or maybe some scrub leagues, i dont want to play against 'tennis kids.'

playing on a carpet court has ruined me as the ball bounces so low and fast you can just serve big and then wail on the ball from the back of the court. soon as i played at uni i got found out real quick

There are still lots of social tennis nights for adults, I meant the non-tennis related social events they hold aren't as big any more. That junior comp is an open tournament that's only held for one week a year any way. There is a big box league set with 9 different divisions however you will come across 'tennis kids' if you are pretty good and get higher up in the divisions as the best younger players play in the adults leagues as the juniors would be a waste of time for them.

I hated the carpet courts when I played around the county, too difficult to get a short ball with enough height to put it away, rallies were pretty much first person to hit it in the net as the ball gets lower and lower.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
There are still lots of social tennis nights for adults, I meant the non-tennis related social events they hold aren't as big any more. That junior comp is an open tournament that's only held for one week a year any way. There is a big box league set with 9 different divisions however you will come across 'tennis kids' if you are pretty good and get higher up in the divisions as the best younger players play in the adults leagues as the juniors would be a waste of time for them.

I hated the carpet courts when I played around the county, too difficult to get a short ball with enough height to put it away, rallies were pretty much first person to hit it in the net as the ball gets lower and lower.

thanks for the info i'll have a look into it.

funnily enough i found with the carpet courts; the lower the ball was, the harder you hit it, you'd be fine. unfortunately it now means im junk on high bouncing hard courts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here