Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a Single Brighton Player Submitted A Transfer Request

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
either during or after the January Transfer Window period, according to Ken Brown today.

"The club has not received a transfer request from any single player - and at this stage in the season we do not anticipate receiving one. However, any player wishing to do so should submit such a request in writing to the manager of the club"

Interesting...

So what are the 100% true verifiable facts of Forstergate ?

1 He wasn't in the squad on Saturday.
2 Brown issues a statement saying no ones put in a transfer request.
3 NSC has got its knickers in a twist and is happy to make up its mind based on conjecture , rumour and an Argus story based on the same.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
either during or after the January Transfer Window period, according to Ken Brown today.

"The club has not received a transfer request from any single player - and at this stage in the season we do not anticipate receiving one. However, any player wishing to do so should submit such a request in writing to the manager of the club"

Isn't Forster MARRIED ?

Maybe Forster was thinking of getting a tattoo, say a large seagull across his chest, but was unsure about committing to such a large piece of work. So he went to Gus asking for his advice on temporary transfers and wether Mr Poyet would lend him one of his own. Dean Cox overheard part of the conversation whilst taking a nap in one of Gus's desk drawers, put 2 and 2 together, made five but rang Naylor anyway.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So what are the 100% true verifiable facts of Forstergate ?

I dunno, but I'd love to find out. Amongst all the hot air and hysterical over-reaction on here over the last few days no one explained how in hell Forster COULD go on the transfer list. The window's shut and his contract expires in the summer thus allowing him to move on anyway - Forster could no more be transferred than he could be canonised.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I dunno, but I'd love to find out. Amongst all the hot air and hysterical over-reaction on here over the last few days no one explained how in hell Forster COULD go on the transfer list. The window's shut and his contract expires in the summer thus allowing him to move on anyway - Forster could no more be transferred than he could be canonised.

Forster to be made a saint its official - I hadn't seen that one coming!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As his contract is up in the summer doesn't that mean he can openly negotiate, and sign a contract with another club for next season, even if he can't be transferred now?

If we release him then he would be a free agent and I think he could sign elsewhere, but i'm not sure - SOl Cambell seemed to have to wait after he left County.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
As his contract is up in the summer doesn't that mean he can openly negotiate, and sign a contract with another club for next season, even if he can't be transferred now?

I think the rules changed a couple of years back saying you have to be less than 6 weeks away from your contract expiring to talk to other clubs in the same country. I may well be completely wrong though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have to question how bothered the out of contract players are going to be over the next couple of months if they are being given no feedback as to whether they are gonna get their contracts renewed. We had this same scenario in the Championship, when no contract talks had been started with any players one game from the end of the season, culminating in the home thrashing by Stoke which was McGhee's fault at the time apparently

Seems to me it's not the best way to get people to run through brick walls for you and that is what Poyet is gonna need over the next couple of months :shrug:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I thought you could only talk to Overseas players 6 months before the end of your contract? also i thought if you were released after the window as shut thats it for the season?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Seems to me it's not the best way to get people to run through brick walls for you

Well perhaps we dont want those that wont run through brick walls, and its a good way to find them out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well perhaps we dont want those that wont run through brick walls, and its a good way to find them out.

By not opening contract discussions? Interesting take.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You have to question how bothered the out of contract players are going to be over the next couple of months if they are being given no feedback as to whether they are gonna get their contracts renewed. We had this same scenario in the Championship culminating in the home thrashing by Stoke which was McGhee's fault at the time apparently

Seems to me it's not the best way to get people to run through brick walls for you and that is what Poyet is gonna need over the next couple of months :shrug:

So by that scenario, if they're not being told about contracts yet, then why should they spend the rest of the season bothering? Nice attitude.

Alternatively, it could be that it's the obligation of every player to persuade the manager to see fit to offer him a new contract. What purpose is served by telling them now that they're not getting a new contract?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So by that scenario, if they're not being told about contracts yet, then why should they spend the rest of the season bothering? Nice attitude.

Alternatively, it could be that it's the obligation of every player to persuade the manager to see fit to offer him a new contract.

But if they have been offered something somewhere else? Say orient for example are they going to try that much if they could send there new team down?

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Can anyone find any other club that is currently telling all their players who are out of contract in the summer whether or not they will get a contract?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Alternatively, it could be that it's the obligation of every player to persuade the manager to see fit to offer him a new contract.

In any walk of life you should be talking to people you want to keep well in advance of their contracts expiring if you don't want them to start losing interest and looking elsewhere.

To expect players to give their all while they are left to sweat on their future seems naive in the extreme to me.

Of course they should try their hardest but I can see why they wouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here