Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich to come back for Bennett

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know different positions, but say if we were to get £1.5m for Bennett and we spent all of that on Lua Lua, would NSC be happy?
No. Bennett would be difficult to replace whereas KLL was replaced by Noone fairly easily and cheaply.

That said, if Bennett's head has been turned, then I'd rather he went (for the right price) as the chances are that he would never be the same player for us again.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
'FOUND' Lambert? ??? WTF? You chose someone else remember, and Lambert turned up, at your gaff and destroyed you 6-1 with a team of journeymen. Then you asked him to take your dollar instead.

Hardly 'found'.

no delia chose someone else, and before mcnally joined that summer

then we got hammered 7-1, mcnally asked lambert why we were so crap and liked what he heard

yeah we were obviously very lucky events turned out the way they did but strangely before his apppointment there wasn't any mention of lambert. it was people like boothroyd and tilson.

also saying col u were journeymen, well tierney and fox were in that side and have been instrumental in getting us promoted. maybe we're a team of journeymen then cos the likes of holt, crofts, jackson and martin had barely played champ level before this season either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

then we got hammered 7-1, mcnally asked lambert why we were so crap and liked what he heard

yeah we were obviously very lucky events turned out the way they did but strangely before his apppointment there wasn't any mention of lambert. it was people like boothroyd and tilson.

also saying col u were journeymen, well tierney and fox were in that side and have been instrumental in getting us promoted. maybe we're a team of journeymen then cos the likes of holt, crofts, jackson and martin had barely played champ level before this season either.

Ahhh, so the fact that his cheap and cheerful Colchester squad had hammered your lot was just a coincidence ? Whatever, being a Premiership club with all that extra TV cash means that you have to pay the going rate for your circumstances, come up with a deal that we value at £3,000,000 and you might get a result, we don't need to flog players for the money these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Blah blah blah Mike. All of that may well be spot on, but it doesn't change the fact that McNally didn't FIND Lambert - Lambert found Norwich.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
oh no coincidence at all, that's why i said we were very lucky to come up against his team on the opening day. and it was the fixture list that found us lambert imo

not sure what we offered last time but if bloom says he's not going anywhere again then that's what will happen surely

you don't need the money and have seen how a side has won league 1 and gone straight up to the prem so won't want to break up that team with all the momentum you have

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
oh no coincidence at all, that's why i said we were very lucky to come up against his team on the opening day. and it was the fixture list that found us lambert imo

not sure what we offered last time but if bloom says he's not going anywhere again then that's what will happen surely

you don't need the money and have seen how a side has won league 1 and gone straight up to the prem so won't want to break up that team with all the momentum you have

There's no disputing your achievements of back to back promotions but as to whether we can follow suit will depend a lot on who we can get. Granted having a decent home at long last should help but as at this time last season virtually all BHA fans were hoping for a pay off berth and most of us are amazed that we mopped up the league. However whether we can sustain that next season is another matter, I know that Tony Bloom has ambitions in that direction but I guess like most BHA fans I would be very happy with a finish in the top half. It takes a while to build a squad strong enough to merely survive in the the Premier so good luck to you on that. Frankly you will need to get some fresh faces in but I'm sure you know that. I would have said for the sort of money that Bennett should realise a player who has had some experience in the Premier would be a better bet. Though no spring chicken I would have thought Jimmy Bullard would be an idea.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Anyone reading Bennett's interview on the club website will know that it's unlikely he'll be going anywhere in the summer.

There is also the other slant of this story which is what would he be want to do next season...play in a team pushing in the top half of the championship or in the bottom three of the premier league.

Other than the early 90's Norwich have never had the ability to contend with the top 16 teams in the Premier League because their board can't afford to.

For a team like NOrwich, I do not think that promotion is necessarily a good thing. I have it on good authority that they're in considerable debt (over £30 million) and now they have to increase player wages and pay bonuses that they can't afford.

Whilst the premier league will bring in additional TV and sponsorship revenue, it's not enough to cover the additional costs of financing the loan against Carrow Road that they've recently taken out.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Is it my imagination, or is each of Mike's subsequent posts making less and less sense?

The fixture list found Lambert? So not McNally after all...

you need to lighten up pal

no the fixture list created the opportunity to find lambert

had we had our old chief exec in the same circumstances we'd never have got him

the old norwich did not go around poaching other managers

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Anyone reading Bennett's interview on the club website will know that it's unlikely he'll be going anywhere in the summer.

There is also the other slant of this story which is what would he be want to do next season...play in a team pushing in the top half of the championship or in the bottom three of the premier league.

Other than the early 90's Norwich have never had the ability to contend with the top 16 teams in the Premier League because their board can't afford to.

For a team like NOrwich, I do not think that promotion is necessarily a good thing. I have it on good authority that they're in considerable debt (over £30 million) and now they have to increase player wages and pay bonuses that they can't afford.

Whilst the premier league will bring in additional TV and sponsorship revenue, it's not enough to cover the additional costs of financing the loan against Carrow Road that they've recently taken out.

lol i can assure you, that you're mistaken. the debt isn't over 30 million and tho there will be an increase in wages and bonuses, i'm not sure how you deduce we won't be able to afford them. our tv money just for next season will be 40 million minimum. and what are these additional costs of financing the loan? against carrow road wtf? we had a 7 year plan to get back in the prem and under our debt refinancing last year pretty much had to get promoted for the champ tv money. going to the prem now blows all that out the water. as our chief exec said, promotion can never come too soon.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Its not complicated.....Bennett will go if the £ is right for us and the player,the same for Murray if the £ is right for him......simples !!!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There's no way we'll get 3 million for Bennett. I'd expect a fee of around £1.5 with add on fees depending on Premiership appearances.

Glad you're not in charge then... he is worth more than £1.5M to us, and we hold his contract...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
come off it, it was speculation "Would be surprised ... Hopefully Bloom will tell them to do one like before. " otherwise why qualify it so much? at least with Murray you called it out straight, albeit weeks ahead with even the manager denying it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here