Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich to come back for Bennett

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wouldn't blame him in the slightest for going, he'd go with my best wishes and clearly IF Norwich are after him they will get him. But that is a huge if in my opinion for the reasons you quoted.
But most Premier League do not sign 'proven' players most of the time, whether they come from abroad, from lower leagues, from their own youth systems etc. There's an element of risk in that, as with anything, but that's why they scout their players thoroughly. Lambert was watching Bennett at Dagenham when they were already looking good for promotion.

Admittedly that might have put him off. :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Benno has 3 years left on his contract and is now at a Championship club , Norwich would have to put in a £3M bid even for Tony to consider discussing it any further.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Norwich may do the yoyo from the prem to the championship in which means they want quality youngsters for this.Not the end of the world though eitherway as its a win win for us. :)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
evening all, would expect lambert to try again for bennett as he wants young and hungry players, and not has beens who just want the money. and according to our chairman we'll be spending the entire 40 million we get next season on transfers and wages. with regard to cody mcdonald, i don't think he's champ standard but then again he's done brilliant at gills. a lot of fans even wanted him recalled last season (we couldn't) and we ended up top scorers in the league. also good of you to equal our points total when we won league 1.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
evening all, would expect lambert to try again for bennett as he wants young and hungry players, and not has beens who just want the money. and according to our chairman we'll be spending the entire 40 million we get next season on transfers and wages. with regard to cody mcdonald, i don't think he's champ standard but then again he's done brilliant at gills. a lot of fans even wanted him recalled last season (we couldn't) and we ended up top scorers in the league. also good of you to equal our points total when we won league 1.
Nice to see norwich are being sensible in the current climate:nono:
You have debts of 20 million and yet you look to blow all incoming money on players and wages,christ do clubs never learn:annoyed:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Nice to see norwich are being sensible in the current climate:nono:
You have debts of 20 million and yet you look to blow all incoming money on players and wages,christ do clubs never learn:annoyed:

I understand your sentiment Sir Albion but you could argue that Norwich need to speculate to accumulate, think about the money they would receive from TV rights if they manage to stay in the Premier League over the next 5 years.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
it may sound risky but it isn't that much. wages next season may account for 20 million+ and we then get 12 million parachute payments for 4 years if we go down. the debt is structured and a large amount is to delia. we had a 7 year plan and needed a season of prem football in that time so we're massively ahead of it now. and it's also been said that the long term future of the club will not be risked. this 40 million is less than 50% of the income we will get from being in the prem. the difference in money between it and the champ is ridiculous. obviously any contracts which remain the same if we go down would be scandalous.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I understand your sentiment Sir Albion but you could argue that Norwich need to speculate to accumulate, think about the money they would receive from TV rights if they manage to stay in the Premier League over the next 5 years.
Yes i understand but your chairman seems to like risking things in a big way,if it blows up which is more likely then you will be back in league 1 before you know it.How many medium clubs do you know of in the prem who have made a fortune?

Big mistake

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
delia is certainly not a risk taker tbh, and our new chief exec who found lambert is nicknamed mcnasty for a reason. he is very careful with the cash and we do not spend what we can't afford.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes i understand but your chairman seems to like risking things in a big way,if it blows up which is more likely then you will be back in league 1 before you know it.How many medium clubs do you know of in the prem who have made a fortune?

Big mistake

Not 'my chairman' fella I am a Brighton fan!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would take everything the original poster writes on here with a pinch of salt.

All his comments that i can recall seem to be very negative and it seems that he posts to try to get a reaction rather than wanting to contribute anything worthwhile, and this seems yet another one where he is trying to get a reaction over a nothing story.

Time to move on and stop feeding his ego.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
With regard to the Norwich comments ,good luck to them, but there's always 1 thing that can undo them as well as us A CHANGE IN MANAGER. When you're having success all the really big clubs are looking and if they come offering the manager goes. A wrong appointment and everything can go tits-up very quickly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IF Norwich come back in for Benno, then we have to hold-out for AT LEAST £2M... personally, I think the £1M offered for our key player is an absolute joke... IF they come up with the money, then good luck to Benno... unfortunately, I think he may find himself in the reserves... he would be better served plying his trade in the Championship for his development TBH...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one of the issues with getting in teh Premiership is how much you are preparaed to spend to stay there. Leeds fell into that trap big time when they started buying players left right and center....Harry Kewell and Robbie Fowler comes to mind. They bought players they thought would get them to the top and when it all went wrong, they were hampered by these rediculous contracts they handed out ( were not they paying harry Kewell months after he had left?)

One of the pitfalls of trying to play with the big boys.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
delia is certainly not a risk taker tbh, and our new chief exec who found lambert is nicknamed mcnasty for a reason. he is very careful with the cash and we do not spend what we can't afford.

'FOUND' Lambert? ??? WTF? You chose someone else remember, and Lambert turned up, at your gaff and destroyed you 6-1 with a team of journeymen. Then you asked him to take your dollar instead.

Hardly 'found'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here