Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan in peace

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As for Bennett. He's a real asset and would be a great signing for us. Exactly the type of player we're missing. We might be 3rd in the Championship but we have neither the money or stature to poach a player like Bennett.

lol poach? not sure what's so wrong with a big champ side bidding for a league one player!

I wasn't aware we'd had any bids from any any big clubs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
ok it's obviously totally beyond reality for any football club to bid for a player from a lower division

how f***ing dare we

i shall stop supporting norwich forthwith as i am utterly disgusted at our attempts to 'poach' other players

Well you're such a big club I'm sure Man United will be issuing a hands-off warning to Lambert about players soon. Is any club safe from the mighty yellow peril?!! Deluded fool.

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011
Just to bring the thread back to some kind of logical discussion about our efforts to sign bennett it all seems to have gone rather quiet other than Lambert admitting we've made an approach and we'll have to see what happens. Its virtually unheard of for Lambert to say anything about any signing up until the day he's revealed so i think the fact he has done here is quite interesting and suggests to me things may still be happening behind the scenes. I reckon we will come back in with one more higher bid.

Anything at the Brighton end? Did Bennett play like a man who has had his head turned on Saturday?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This reminds me a bit of the Greer thread at the start of the season....
Where we all told provincial idiots with stupid accents that we're a much better propect than they think we are and were proved right?

Couldn't agree more.

Phyxius

Jan 25, 2011
Mike79 said:
lol poach? not sure what's so wrong with a big champ side bidding for a league one player!

must be a pinkun retard. that place is full of them.
Mike79 said:
ok it's obviously totally beyond reality for any football club to bid for a player from a lower division

how f***ing dare we

i shall stop supporting norwich forthwith as i am utterly disgusted at our attempts to 'poach' other players

Brighton are atop League 1 and have no need to sell. We reportedly made an enquiry, were told Bennett wasn't for sale then offered £1 million which was rejected. That's all fair play.

What I object to is fickle fans like yourself thinking we have the God given right to players like Bennett now that we're 3rd in the Championship.

Bennett is by Brighton fans' own admission one of their best players. You would be crying foul if a premiership side were to swoop in now for Hoolahan or Holt.

There are a number of Norwich fans starting to display this Leeds-esque swagger and arrogance. Where were you 18 months ago when we had been relegated?

Must be all that teenage angst.

Last edited:

Brighton are atop League 1 and have no need to sell. We reportedly made an enquiry, were told Bennett wasn't for sale then offered £1 million which was rejected. That's all fair play.

What I object to is fickle fans like yourself thinking we have the God given right to players like Bennett now that we're 3rd in the Championship.

Bennett is by Brighton fans' own admission one of their best players. You would be crying foul if a premiership side were to swoop in now for Hoolahan or Holt.

There are a number of Norwich fans starting to display this Leeds-esque swagger and arrogance. Where were you 18 months ago when we had been relegated?

nice post, welcome

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anything at the Brighton end? Did Bennett play like a man who has had his head turned on Saturday?
No-one (including Noone) played to their full potential on Saturday but I certainly don't think he's had his head turned. He's very happy here and he's an intelligent chap so can't really see it happening.

d0mj4y

Jan 16, 2011

Blimey, Brighton fans pretending to be Norwich fans! Whatever next!

I think there are still things bubbling under in this partigular saga, otherwise Lambert would have conceded defeat in that recent interview.

Regardless of the actions of other Norwich fans, the club have acted exactly as expected, only confirming the details given voluntarily by your club to the press and not going any further than that. It would be easy for Lambert to gush about Bennett to the local press, but he hasn't.

Whatever conclusion this situation comes to, it'll just be one or two idiotic fans that you'll be left to bitch about, not the club itself.

Smithy07

Jan 18, 2011

Don't think we would be crying foul although you are right we would not be happy about it. That, however, is the nature of the beast. Bigger or higher division clubs will always try and sign the best talent from lower divisions. It may well be that Bennett is happy to stay at Brighton and is not interested in a move in which case fair enough. It may, however, be that he would see it as a good move. Only he can tell us that!

Based on lamerts' "wait and see what happens" quote in today's paper my view is that this possible deal is not dead yet.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We will play Norwich in a league game next season, Elliott Bennett will be wearing a Brighton shirt, and he will put the ball in the Canaries' net.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

LOL where did i say this. i merely said it's understandable we're bidding for players in a lower league. if the club rejects the bid, or the player doesn't want to move, i have absolutely no problem

you appear to be somewhat confused!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Don't think we would be crying foul although you are right we would not be happy about it. That, however, is the nature of the beast. Bigger or higher division clubs will always try and sign the best talent from lower divisions. It may well be that Bennett is happy to stay at Brighton and is not interested in a move in which case fair enough. It may, however, be that he would see it as a good move. Only he can tell us that!

Based on lamerts' "wait and see what happens" quote in today's paper my view is that this possible deal is not dead yet.
Those statements are not mutually exclusive.
There's a lot of reasons why he would see Norwich as a good move, anyone who denies that is daft. Up at the top of the Championship, good squad, good manager, decent stadium and crowd. They're where we would LOVE to be in a years time, but there's no guarantee of that and footballers careers aren't that long. But the postivies of Norwich doesn't mean he wouldn't also be happy to stay here for many excellent reasons.
The objection is more that some of the what seem like hundreds of tedious Norwich fans on this board seem to to think you're massive and we're tiny and because you're interested it's just a matter of course that you'll get him. It's not. If you come up with big money, we might let him talk to you. If not, we won't. Its that simple.

NorwichFan

Jan 17, 2011
I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool. I'm a tool.

Your making our fans look bad to be honest... I came on here a while back and started a thread and I have seen several comments from you... I hated Leed's fans that acted the way you do.

With regards to the Bennett situation, none of us can have any input into anything. If Norwich want him badly enough and he wants to leave Brighton, he will leave. If Brighton feel he is the key to promotion and cannot afford to lose him no matter the cost, he will stay. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here