Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich fan in peace

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
C'mon guys and gals.
He did say he was here in peace. Let's not make ourselves look like a bunch of arrogant twats...or even worse....Leeds Utd.
CanaryAdam, we appreciate your comments, but as you'll gather EB is popular round these parts and it'll take something super special to prise him away from BHA. In financial terms Norwich would have to offer at least £3-4m to even have a chance

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
"We made an enquiry and that’s where it is at the minute. I have spoken to (Brighton manager) Gus (Poyet) so we just have to wait and see. I can’t comment on somebody else’s player at the minute"

Then stop talking about him you twat

I thought that was decent of Lambert. He could'be banged on about how highly he rates him and won't stop til we've got our man etc etc... He didn't. Fair play.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
We have up to £2.5 million to spend in January, we have spent roughly £700k of it already so we have enough but we are also after Morrison.
Do we think we are Barcelona? Reading most of the comments on tis board you would think that you are... smh.

Oops sorry, make that £22.5 million in debt! Another club caught in the spend spend spend black hole, how many pence in the pound do you think you will offer your creditors when you go bust?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know you are probably sick of Norwich at the minute and want us to stop hassling you but I posting to let you know we are still after Bennett, confirmed by Lambert.

city/norwich_city_boss_lambert_happy_to_bide_his_time_in_bennett_race_1_781426[/URL]

Honestly, I still expected us to be in for him after signing Lansbury as they are two completely different players but I can't see why we want to spend so much on a player who will be sitting on the bench most weeks as we play a very narrow system and he won't keep Hoolahan out of the side.
It is looking though that if we do sign Bennett, then McNamee will most likely being going your way either on loan or permanently. Trust me, if you sign him then this would definetly soften the blow as he is another quality winger. watch him in the higlights against Swansea or Southend last season.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season but hope we don't see you next year as we are trying to get into the Prem.

OTBC

You'll get to see young Elliott next season when we play you. All the worst.

Peace off.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Now with Norwich third in the table i can bennett being tempted chance of Premier league football next season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Our debt is now down to £16.5m and very, very managable.

What a disappointing reflection on the state of football that a second division club considers a debt of £16.5 million "very manageable", rather than an appalling way to operate.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
oh **** off

we were leaking cash like anything before with a bad chairman and chief execs but now we're clawing it back

we now have a workable plan in place to pay off the money

for any norwich fan to be disheartened by that would be ridiculous

ps you got 90m to spare? :wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Exactly! He has spoken to Gus and I would imagine it went like this:-

Lambert: Hi Gus, can I buy Elliott Bennett off you?
Gus: Hi Paul, NO.
Lambert: Oh go on please.
Gus: No
Lambert: Pretty please we will pay you £600k
Gus: hahahahahahahahahahahaha............NO. Goodbye Paul.
(phone goes dead)
Lambert: Hello..........hello.......Gus?

More likely
Lambert : Hello Gus
Gus : Hola !
Lambert : Gus ?
Gus : Si , bueno.
Lambert : I want to take Bennett off your hands for a mill.
Gus : No habla inglese
Lambert : I want to speak to Gus , not Mauricio.
Gus : Puta Madre !
then the line gets disconnected

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

CanaryAdam

Jan 22, 2011
Ooh lost today didn't you. We will definetly be turning Bennett's head now. Thanks again for Crofts got us another three points towards the promised land.

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Ooh lost today didn't you. We will definetly be turning Bennett's head now. Thanks again for Crofts got us another three points towards the promised land.

Your pretty sad mate, what is the point of this article? We all know you still want Bennett, pretty sure you won't be able to afford him, our asking price is way to high for you to afford. We lost our first game since last month so still doing well, I doubt Bennett is going anywhere. Thanks for coming!

I was about to stick up for you and comment how everyone was being a but rude. But thanks for proving yourself to be a bit of a knobdribble before I got the chance.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
oh **** off

we were leaking cash like anything before with a bad chairman and chief execs but now we're clawing it back

we now have a workable plan in place to pay off the money

for any norwich fan to be disheartened by that would be ridiculous

ps you got 90m to spare? :wink:

Not really a reflection on you, just football in general, to be honest. What other industry operates on such a basis, where you can owe £16.5 million and still be talking about paying million pound fees for new players? If I owed my bank a stack of money, I doubt they'd be sitting there watching happily while I spent £50k on a new BMW. Portsmouth are the worst offenders but very few clubs have anything to be proud of.

We got in debt years ago: we ended up selling players and eventually our own stadium, leaving us playing in a fridge-infested hovel 60 miles away from home. You get in debt (to a much greater extent) and what happens? Absolutely f*** all. So you can understand our cynicism.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If Elliot does leave it would be disappointing to lose him to relatively small team (in premier league terms) like Norwich. Hopefully he will set his sights a bit higher, see him more as a top 12 premier league team type of player, not a championship team with a chance of the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here