Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Same as Arsenal.

But what an astonishing bench. Shame Webbo didn’t make it.

Lamptey & Biss when fit are ‘1st on the team sheet’ players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why is Lamptey not playing? On the bench multiple times before the break. Had 2 weeks off and isn't even ready/fit enough to start vs Norwich. Worrying now

Multiple quotes by Potter & the club about being very very cautious with his return. It could take a month or so more before Potter let’s him start. He is being eased back in very slowly.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Felt Lamptey should have started this one. I know he's coming back to fitness but 60 odd mins in this game would have perfect for us imo.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Why is Lamptey not playing? On the bench multiple times before the break. Had 2 weeks off and isn't even ready/fit enough to start vs Norwich. Worrying now

It’s not worrying at all, as much as Potter likes to change things around there is definitely the argument that no one deserves to be dropped just to bring Lamptey back into the starting 11. He might have to be patient and wait for someone else’s form to drop before he gets a start in the PL.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m amazed we can’t find a place for Solly in that team

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting that Biss is on the bench.

Yup, thought it might be the case. Its a psychological thing. You dont want to make a guy feel left behind/punished for allegations so he's in the group.

Very, very much doubt he will see any time on the pitch.

Because he has played 45 minutes in 10 months and Veltman is very reliable so there is no reason to force the issue. As said previously I doubt he will start until after the Leicester game + a few sub appearances.

Could see him come on if the game state allows it (at least 2-0 up or chasing a draw/win).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With all due respect to your always excelente matchday thread [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION], any chance you could edit something and point us towards starting line-up? Else matchday thread fails us at most critical moment. Ta. And respect :thumbsup:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Really good rebuttal. Thanks for the input

It's an unchanged team after what most people would say was our best performance of the season which Potter described as "as close to perfect as we can get".

If you're worried that we named an unchanged team after that then I don't know what to tell you. Bissouma on the bench should be a big clue too. :rolleyes:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Haha! A joke about gambling addiction!

down.png

And so?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10038712 said:
Burn and play Veltman as a CB

Yes I guess it’s the one that stands out…..against that Veltman has looked very assured in the current position and the defence very strong….and the team performing ….perhaps if that wasn’t the case GP would have been under pressure to bring him back sooner...I’m not clamouring to bring TL back immediately, but with GP saying “it’s not quite the right match” a few times now ..I’m wondering when it will be

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yup, thought it might be the case. Its a psychological thing. You dont want to make a guy feel left behind/punished for allegations so he's in the group.

Very, very much doubt he will see any time on the pitch.

Because he has played 45 minutes in 10 months and Veltman is very reliable so there is no reason to force the issue. As said previously I doubt he will start until after the Leicester game + a few sub appearances.

Could see him come on if the game state allows it (at least 2-0 up or chasing a draw/win).

you've guessed at virtualy every possible outcome, you maybe onto something :rolleyes:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Same as Arsenal.

But what an astonishing bench. Shame Webbo didn’t make it.

Lamptey & Biss when fit are ‘1st on the team sheet’ players.

Not that long ago when we would have felt pleased with the bench (plus two) being the starting line-up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here