Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
That was calamitous all round. Dunk had it. Sanchez had 8 pints of blood rush to the head. Sargeant kicked it like a primary school player, then Duffy slid and smashed the ball out for a corner when he could have dribbled it away. Classy all round.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Got to bring on Lamptey for Veltman surely. Will push them back even further and perfect first game back. Bissouma and/or Macalister on too. We need more bodies further up!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we’ve been bloody excellent - well first 40 mins. Should be 2 up. Officials pathetically against us.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It certainly blooming would. Thank you [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] - on behalf of everybody who ever read your matchday thread. Tho as I just saw this, there's really no need [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] for the lecture on the bleeding obvious :wink:

some dimbots can't see the bleeding obvious though; like potter being a better manager than hyppia, for example like :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Feels like a match vs a bottom 3 side last season, we have been dragged down to their level & the ref has ****ed us - can't understand how a penalty is not given there? Sanchez fortunate to get away with a clanger but he's got credit in the bank. Norwich are one dimensional, hoof it up to their ginger forward but we are struggling to deal with it, I'd bring on Lamptey for Veltman and Bissouma for Moder & I reckon we'd look a different side.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

It’s there for the taking worry is got three players on yellow and this ref is just itching To send a player off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes. Lots of options on the bench.

With Veltman on a yellow, maybe we could see Lamptey after all too?

Got to bring on Lamptey for Veltman surely. Will push them back even further and perfect first game back. Bissouma and/or Macalister on too. We need more bodies further up!

Yup my guess is that we will see Lamptey soon.

Not half-time though. Unless you are desperate - and I dont think that is the case - you want to see if the opposition make any tactical changes in half-time before you make the sub. But around the 60 minute mark I think we could see some Lamptey.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
this looks like a championship game to me , Naarch parking the bus at home , needs a shake up , bring Biss on for LLana and Tariq on for Veltman as both in the book....we need to take 3 points from games like this and i don't really want to finish this bottle of Mezcal but if we lose it's a no brainer.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Most people are saying decent half. I disagree, we're not really passing it around and we're playing to Norwich's level/tempo. Backline looks like it could be breached by a through ball too. Would like to see Lamptey on

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If teams have moods we're in a funny one today.

3 yellow cards for unnecessary fouls which should be 4 if the ref hadn't had his back to Trossard.

So many mistakes that against a better team we would have been penalised.

We're so much better than them. Just knuckle down and play football and this games in the bag.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm a big Größ fan, but he needs to be replaced second half. Too slow and so negative, always with the backwards passing. Free kicks haven't been great either.
Trossard and Maupay playing well, other than the yellow card Lallana has had a great game, Möder and Cucurella putting in a decent shift, back looks suspect at times, too many passes inviting pressure and we give it away in dangerous positions.
Thankfully, Norwich are properly shit. That shot on an open goal will keep me amused all weekend.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Good half - some lovely bits of play and deseve to be ahead.

Just three area’s of slight concern to me:

1. The yellow cards away from home with 45 still to play;
2. Duffy’s distribution (I’m aware of everything else he brings to us and wouldn’t drop him but this still a concern);
3. Gross - I just don’t think he justifies a place in the team at the moment - would much rather see Mac Allister play. And please can somebody else take the set pieces ASAP.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I found that a very frustrating half. We're letting a team with no confidence get some and a very flat crowd find their voice. We're making it a lot harder than it needs to be. That said, so are Norwich...how the hell did Sargent manage to not score?! That was the kind of miss a schoolboy would get pelters for.

The only bit of real quality we produced was the move that ended with Trossard hitting the bar. If that had gone in it would have been a goal of the season contender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here