Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northampton v Brighton thread

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Which is a reasonable point of view. Having seen the team play a few times this season, is the view that the squad is stronger or weaker than the one we had for the second half of last season (remember we were 17th in January).

If anyone wants to watch the arsenal game whilst the Albion dissection occurs, they can have a peek here

Iraq Goals Sports Channels

Exactly what I'm doing :thumbsup:

Arsenal looking poor, fancy Hull to nick one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fair enough, I mistakenly believed you were of those "some fans"

I have sympathy to a certain extent to that point of view to be honest. Not that 7th wasn't good enough, but that by sacking Wilkins the marker for success this season has definitely been set...

.. It's above seventh.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have sympathy to a certain extent to that point of view to be honest. Not that 7th wasn't good enough, but that by sacking Wilkins the marker for success this season has definitely been set...

.. It's above seventh.

Exactly, play-offs or bust was what everyone was led to believe to begin with. Adams must put himself under a lot of pressure to meet that, even though if he does fail he is likely to still be here come the start of next season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair comment.

Since then we've spent no money, .

Sorry Pres, but that's NOT true. We've attracted 4 players from Championship clubs, in livermore, Virgo, Hawkins and McLeod, presumably by offering them decent terms. This season's budget is definitely higher.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Exactly, play-offs or bust was what everyone was led to believe to begin with. Adams must put himself under a lot of pressure to meet that, even though if he does fail he is likely to still be here come the start of next season.

Er I don't remember Micky Adams leading anyone to believe anything in fact did he not refuse to predict where we would finish at the fans forum?

The fans expectation has caused the pressure but still there is a long way to go so we should reserve judgement until the end of the season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry Pres, but that's NOT true. We've attracted 4 players from Championship clubs, in livermore, Virgo, Hawkins and McLeod, presumably by offering them decent terms. This season's budget is definitely higher.

Fair enough. Do you think our budget is in the top six of this division? I think there is a lot more competition this year in the shape of Leicester, Scunny, MK Dongs and Posh, all of whom have a fair amount of money behind them, and that's ignoring Dirty Leeds, and some of the other contenders from last season. Only Carlisle seem to have gone backwards.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There would have been pressure on Wilkins to better the 7th position and there is nothing to say we would not be the same position or worse should he have stayed. Its all speculation and what is done is done.

We are playing poorly and yet have picked up some decent results

There is plenty of time to turn it around and a good run after xmas is when we need to be hitting form if we are to achieve a play off spot

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
A good result...el pres hits the nail on the head....14th still only 4 points off the playoffs...and some quailty players brought in and Adams is sorting out the squad with some of the not good enough players going.It is of course gutting to lose 2 points like that but it really sounds like a point gained:ascarf:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fair comment.

Since then we've spent no money, and have lost decent loan players in Racon and Westlake, as well as Tank, and Lynch has gone nuts. I know Micky is trying to sort out the midfield issue, but until that happens we're not going to achieve much.

I think the point is he now HAS options in midfield and isnt using them

Loft can pass and has looked good
Thornton is now in altho admit it might have been too early
Ayinsah can pass and can play inthe middle
Thomm plays well goign forward (but admittedly was ill)

I have never been a doommonger and I accept the team had a virus and tired from Wednesday so all well and good. It just seems odd that when you know what the problem is you answer by playing two centre backs in midfield and upfront. OK today as there were mitigating circumstances but not OK if it continues. I repeat ... the players are here now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here