Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northampton v Brighton thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do seem to have a real problem hanging on to a lead given that everyone seems so impressed with our defence.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Did virgo go into defence after we scored our late late goal? Amazing if he didnt

We could have had the best defenders in the world but if your keeper comes for a cross and flaps at it, you haven't got much chance. It's a shame for Michel as he has obviously been on such a high.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'll settle for that point as a good result, It would've been nice to get the win but given some of the pressure we were under we could easily have lost that game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We've got no money, have the 14th largest attendances in this division (below even the likes of Stockport), have spent seven years fighting against NIMBY's and spiteful football haters at a cost of over £3million, so why do so many people EXPECT us to be so much higher up the table?

I know there is Withdean fatigue, but surely there ought to be a reality check amongst the disgruntled?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Possibly due to the fact that we finished seventh last season and the manager was sacked ?

Fair comment.

Since then we've spent no money, and have lost decent loan players in Racon and Westlake, as well as Tank, and Lynch has gone nuts. I know Micky is trying to sort out the midfield issue, but until that happens we're not going to achieve much.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Possibly due to the fact that we finished seventh last season and the manager was sacked ?

and how many points did we have after 8 games last season? The answer is 10 just as many points as we have now

not as bad as people are making out is it?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
would have been travesty to football if we had won today we were woeful. Kuipers was amazing until the last kick of the match!

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
Pessimist in me will always say 2 points dropped when we are leading, but for this game the realist in me says 1 point gained, fair play to Northampton, listening on the radio sounds like they really came at us and battered us for period's of that game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I got the impression you were insinuating that we should be expecting more because the previous manager who attained 7th position, was removed as it was deemed not good enough??

I'm not insinuating anything. I was merely answering the question why some fans think we should be in a higher position. I expect that there is a sizeable group of fans that think with Micky Adams coming back and the new players coming in, we should be putting in better performances.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I expect that there is a sizeable group of fans that think with Micky Adams coming back and the new players coming in, we should be putting in better performances.

Which is a reasonable point of view. Having seen the team play a few times this season, is the view that the squad is stronger or weaker than the one we had for the second half of last season (remember we were 17th in January).

If anyone wants to watch the arsenal game whilst the Albion dissection occurs, they can have a peek here

Iraq Goals Sports Channels

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not insinuating anything. I was merely answering the question why some fans think we should be in a higher position. I expect that there is a sizeable group of fans that think with Micky Adams coming back and the new players coming in, we should be putting in better performances.

Fair enough, I mistakenly believed you were of those "some fans"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here