Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Ultras ??

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Damn Kids! Loving football? Supporting their local team? Singing? Enjoying themselves?

After all the hard work we've done in this country reducing social mobility and making their future bleak how dare they be happy for 90 minutes at a time.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
I think its just the fact that the Italian teams Ultras are a bit stabby which initially puts people off.

I think they are doing a good job of making noise personally.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Since when has being an Ultra mean you have to and adult and act hard? The whole idea of Ultras are they make the atmosphere better with banners, flags and shit load of noise.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can understand that there are some people to whom Ultra means something more sinister than what it appears these kids are trying to do. Maybe in Europe that would hold true and so I think they could have picked a better name, but you can't fault what they are trying to do. I for one am pleased to hear of young kids building supporters groups at the Amex, certainly wouldn't have been able to do it at Withdean!

Jan 30, 2008
Saw you lads last night trying to hang your banner over the sides of the Away End and it struck me that for a band of Hardened Ultras, you are all very young and look like you have escaped from the cast of Grange Hill ??
so predictable , lets leave it to those arthur waite massive pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Ultras' my arse. Has to be said that if they'd called themselves ANYTHING else nobody would have given a shit. But they chose the name (not too late to UNCHOOSE it) so they have to live with the mild ridicule :shrug:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
'Ultras' my arse. Has to be said that if they'd called themselves ANYTHING else nobody would have given a shit. But they chose the name (not too late to UNCHOOSE it) so they have to live with the mild ridicule :shrug:

To be fair, nearly all the scarves and banners say 'North stand kollective' rather than Ultras.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Calling yourself ultras - how gay?

IanH

9sept1978
Nov 6, 2010
Its all about the atmosphere and anything that helps should be applauded. I started taking my son to the Albion about 2 years ago. It was hard worked keeping him engaged at the Withdean. It was not helped by the fact that his first game was against Mansfield in the FA Cup. Despite my best efforts I thought I'd lose him to a premership club like all his mates. The situation was only saved when I took him to his first away game at Watford in the cup last year. We sang together all game . This year is his first with a season ticket, in the North Stand, and he is loving every minute of it. Almost as much as me!

Last week watching Match of the Day he turned to me and said. "Dad why does anyone go to the Arsenal, the atmosphere's rubbish... not like at Brighton"

NSK and all fans who bring the singing and atmosphere to the ground take a bow and thanks for helping me achieve an ambition of standing and singing at the Albion with my son, the same as my Dad did with me 30 years ago.

Sing up!!!

Last edited:

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
Its all about the atmosphere and anything that helps should be applauded. I started taking my son to the Albion about 2 years ago. It was hard worked keeping him engaged at the Withdean. It was not helped by the fact that his first game was against Mansfield in the FA Cup. Despite my best efforts I thought I'd lose him to a premership club like all his mates. The situation was only saved when I took him to his first away game at Watford in the cup last year. We sang together all game . This year is his first with a season ticket, in the North Stand, and he is loving every minute of it. Almost as much as me!

Last week watching Match of the Day he turned to me and said. "Dad why does anyone go to the Arsenal, the atmosphere's rubbish... not like at Brighton"

NSK and all fans who bring the singing and atmosphere to the ground take a bow and thanks for helping me achieve an ambition of standing and singing at the Albion with my son, the same as my Dad did with me 30 years ago.

Sing up!!!

here here.

also singing is very democratic, ie its up to the fans what works and what dose not. if u do not like the song do not sing, it if its good sing. therefore who is anyone to disagree with the fans who pay the money, vote with Ur mouth in song!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
i sit in the west stand but im very good friends with a lad who is a part of this NSK/ULTRA business and i regularly stand with him at away matches and all they're trying to do is make more noise to create an amazing atmosphere at the amex and away from home.. as Gus says it helps the players perform so they cant do any harm, and the more we sing the more we enjoy the games the more we want to come again and the better the team plays...to all the moaners, find a fault in that?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Haha I noticed that too! They also need a lesson in flag hanging. They must have spent almost 10 minutes just to drape it over some seats.
One of them looks about 12 years old!

says it all about the naming. Did he come up with ultras or the special K on kollective to big them up in his childish wisdom? :lolol:

It's nice that the younger folks have found a place in the midst of all of this 'you were born after me, therefore you're a johnny come lately' shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here