Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Ultras ??

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Gotta love the Ultras' enthusiasm and energy - and, given the name, their naivety too.

They're basically Albion's version of Jedward. :thumbsup:

This just about sums it up.

They're just kids who don't know what Ultras are ( neither do I come to that) but everyone likes the bouncy chant, and the flag just adds to the fun.

What exactly ARE "Ultras" then?
I know what they want to look like, and I imagine that's pretty much like skinheads were when I was in school, at around 14 or 15.
If this has become like 'ultra supportive singing chanting and flag-holding fans', then I wouldn't knock it at all - why not have a section of fans who pride in noisy support?

The title does seem a bit dodgy though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who cares how old they are or even look? I'm not particularly thrilled with the 'Ultras' name either but the lads do sing up - a lot! Every time I've seen them they've been a haven of consistent noise and fair play to them.
This. Give them a break!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Good work ultras. I was there on Wednesday and you done a good job. Nice to see a sub group of BHA fans form and grow. Hopefully your enthuisam will continue to attract new fans. Sussex...sussex ... Sussex by the sea, sea sea.

I think you guys are great and are adding more charm to our vocal support.
:thumbsup:

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I did feel sorry for the young lad trying to hang the flag. After being sent from one side of the stand to the other by the stewards, he tried to hang it on the railing on the front row of the seating. They even asked the old guy sitting there if he minded, purely to be courteous, but the miserable old git objected.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I sit in the North stand and I have no issue with them, the atmosphere is good, the place rocks and I for one work my nuts off during the week and for those 90 mins on a saturday, its the time when I let off all the stress and money worry that you have for 6 and 3/4 days of the week with a good old sing song. Long may they continue.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think they are brilliant

It's obvious that the reason people are moaning is because they are pining for that 'special' Withdean atmosphere :facepalm:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My god not this again, the critism is becoming boring.

It seems that some people will not be happy until the whole ground is quiet and people have to sit on their hands to avoid upsetting the Goldstone Northstanders in WSU/WSL/ES/1901 who are too old and too jealous of the BHA youth.

If you don't like the song then make up one yourself and SING it, it might even catch on and drown out what you believe to be annoying.

We have a new stadium and its going to take time for the fans to bed in and feel comfortable, its only had one league game, you cannot really count the League Cup game as the were so many not in their usual seats.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Are we in danger of a bit of football snobbery here?

Let them do what they want.

This, Its not my bag at all but let them get on with it, it will could help with the atmosphere as well as attract more youngsters into following the Albion

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
They sound like out 'YOOF' from about 5 years ago. Most of them are now on banning orders/stll running round causing a nuicance.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
038891.jpg

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks

It seems that some people will not be happy until the whole ground is quiet and people have to sit on their hands to avoid upsetting the Goldstone Northstanders in WSU/WSL/ES/1901 who are too old and too jealous of the BHA youth.

If you don't like the song then make up one yourself and SING it, it might even catch on and drown out what you believe to be annoying.

We have a new stadium and its going to take time for the fans to bed in and feel comfortable, its only had one league game, you cannot really count the League Cup game as the were so many not in their usual seats.

Uh oh Deja vu, in one form or another and almost word for word this will run and run. 5 or 6 years in and we are still getting posts along the lines of "so you ultras think you are a tough "firm" do you ? etc etc and Do you have to bang the drum quite so loud ? we are trying to sleep over here old boy ......

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Uh oh Deja vu, in one form or another and almost word for word this will run and run. 5 or 6 years in and we are still getting posts along the lines of "so you ultras think you are a tough "firm" do you ? etc etc and Do you have to bang the drum quite so loud ? we are trying to sleep over here old boy ......

Difference is your place is half empty

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
My first visit to the North Stand will be on Tuesday night, I'm interloping from the CAULDRON of NOISE that is the East Stand, I hope you're going to be noisy

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Difference is your place is half empty

What difference ? I was talking about your fledgling ultras's unless you are all Ultra's in which case your post makes sense.

I should know by now not to post non aggressive or even mildly positive posts on another teams forum as there is always some dour depressive out there that will try to make a point regardless of whether they have one or not.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Gazwag, I am both old and jealous, but I love the way these kids are trying to create some noise and atmosphere. I certainly encourage everything they do to support the team. Keep it up fellas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here