Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Ultras ??

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Saw you lads last night trying to hang your banner over the sides of the Away End and it struck me that for a band of Hardened Ultras, you are all very young and look like you have escaped from the cast of Grange Hill ??

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Haha I noticed that too! They also need a lesson in flag hanging. They must have spent almost 10 minutes just to drape it over some seats.
One of them looks about 12 years old!

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
I would bet hard earned cash that there is a few older blokes involved who are marshalling all the young boys. Who else would have the know how to do all these t-shirts and scarves etc.

All looks pretty suspect to me. It did strike me as a bit odd that grown adults would want to be 'ultras' - maybe it's an excuse to be around young fertile boys?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Where is it written that Ultras have to be hard? Why have a dig at young Albion fans who are the future of this club and just trying to create a bit of passion for the blue and white?

pingpangpong

Aug 18, 2011
Where is it written that Ultras have to be hard? Why have a dig at young Albion fans who are the future of this club and just trying to create a bit of passion for the blue and white?

Please don't bring young people, or have a good time, at football matches.

Regards

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
leave them be. easy as u get older (as i am) to frown on the new ways, styles of the younger generation coming through.

all i know is they created atmosphere, which even Gus has said on numerous occasions, atmosphere = greater performance from players as well as players really appreciate the support. also the singing from what i have heard so far from the ultras is just backing us rather than slating aways fans players etc. IMHO it is far more positive for the team for fans to support us than slate oppo.

ultras IMHO is all good.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Saw you lads last night trying to hang your banner over the sides of the Away End and it struck me that for a band of Hardened Ultras, you are all very young and look like you have escaped from the cast of Grange Hill ??

Obviously your memory's of being in the OLD NORTHSTAND fade you,or you became a fan post Goldstone?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Agreed, each to their own.....

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Haha I noticed that too! They also need a lesson in flag hanging. They must have spent almost 10 minutes just to drape it over some seats.
One of them looks about 12 years old!

And you are against our younger fans Because?:facepalm:

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne

Agreed, they are a bunch of youngsters and older fans who want to make our stadium a place that other teams hate to come to! Doesn't mean they want to kick the shit out of opposing supporters! Thats for the Stone Island idiots!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are we in danger of a bit of football snobbery here?

Let them do what they want.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Don't see the problem, but one observation. I know how boring it is when away fans take about 1 minute to start all the homophobic shite. So starting the sheep shagging songs from the off was neither original nor amusing. Then again I'm an old git so what do I know?

Anything that creates atmosphere has to be good.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Im not against them in the slightest, good to see youngsters there, Ive been going since 68 at the tender age of 10, so Im no snob, just struck me how young they are, simple really (Isnt it ??)

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
their not doing any harm and having a laugh so fair play to them, and as for singing banter its all part of the game we love

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They're just kids who don't know what Ultras are ( neither do I come to that) but everyone likes the bouncy chant, and the flag just adds to the fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here