Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Chat

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Theyre both sad, but i think in different ways.

Anna Nicole Smith lived a "crash and burn" lifestyle, with drugs, alcohol abuse and had just coped with the death of her own son - all of these could have amounted to her death. She was also just someone that was in "Celebland" - that we never had anything in common with, so therefore, we cannot see a degree of empathy.

What you mean the son who hated her , who was battling her through the courts for the estate and then mysteriously died at the age of 20?

what, that son?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Adriodinho said:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I try and change, I admit where I go wrong in life and hate life and still I f***ing make shit like this. Burn me.

Adire, what we are trying to say is READ WHAT THE THREAD IS ABOUT BEFORE ASSUMING IT IS ABOUT YOU!

We're not trying to make your life shit or anything and we know you are trying, but just don't assume the world of NSC revolves around you.

Last edited:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Adriodinho said:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I try and change, I admit where I go wrong in life and hate life and still I f***ing make shit like this. Burn me.

EDIT: Please can we not talk about me any more in this thread. This is about the families who have lost their loved ones and the people who have lost their lives.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

SHUT UP

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Safeway said:
Wedndesday evening it's annouced that a member of NSC has passed away suddenly. No details of the man's death are known and all thoughts are with his nearest and dearest. Several pages of heartfelt messages of sympathy are quickly posted.

Almost exactly 24 hours later news breaks of a famous model being found dead, also prematurely. Again, no details are known, but soon any posts of sympathy are overtaken by assumptions of it being drug-related, accusations of her husband being involved in the tragic death of her son, and even a suggestion that her death would benefit her daughter.

Funny place this, innit.
Yeah. And another thing that's a bit odd about NSC is that it doesn't have a forum called "The Wank Bank".

No wank bank? What's that all about? :jester:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Safeway said:
Wedndesday evening it's annouced that a member of NSC has passed away suddenly. No details of the man's death are known and all thoughts are with his nearest and dearest. Several pages of heartfelt messages of sympathy are quickly posted.

Almost exactly 24 hours later news breaks of a famous model being found dead, also prematurely. Again, no details are known, but soon any posts of sympathy are overtaken by assumptions of it being drug-related, accusations of her husband being involved in the tragic death of her son, and even a suggestion that her death would benefit her daughter.

Funny place this, innit.

Not really. One of these people was known personally by some posters. He was a member of our community. The other was a celebrity none of us knew. It's human nature to take a more dispassionate view about the death of a (let's not forget derided) public figure than someone who was much closer to home.

I presume you never took as much offence to the treatment Anna Nicole Smith regularly took from the tabloids (and everyone else willing to call her a druggy, whore, golddigger etc) when she was alive?

Now I tell what is funny - an NSP stalwart taking offence at some fairly innocuous NSC mudslinging :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Safeway said:

Funny place this, innit.
Yeah. And another thing that's a bit odd about NSC is that it doesn't have a forum called "The Wank Bank".

No wank bank? What's that all about? :jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dwayne said:
What you mean the son who hated her , who was battling her through the courts for the estate and then mysteriously died at the age of 20?

what, that son?

Just because you have a bad past with a son doesnt mean that you wont be grieving when they have passed away. Remember that she had just had a daughter a number of days / weeks before.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Just because you have a bad past with a son doesnt mean that you wont be grieving when they have passed away. Remember that she had just had a daughter a number of days / weeks before.

I would grieve if I knocked off my son:angry:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Safeway said:

NSC is at its best when everybody pulls together, and sometimes it takes a tragic incident like this to make that happen. I hope that in the months and years to come, TelscombeGull's family will see the spontanious messages of sympathy that were posted from all around the world in the hours following his untimely death, and find some small measue of comfort in them.

I didn't know TG personally, but then I didn't have to; he was "one of us" and that is good enough for me.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Rest In Peace:angel:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Safeway said:

Funny place this, innit.

Yes. Lets compare two completely different scenarious and expect the same outcome.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Bit of a difference though between NSC Nice Guy (TelscoombeGuy - Brighton fan, family guy) and Anna Nicole Snmith (golddigging, drug fuelled and whore)

I can understand why people are being negative towards her. But of course I feel sorry for her family and friends.

Did you know her personally ???

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barrel of Fun said:

On the other hand...

Anna Nicole Smith, who was a money grabbing media whore, died in a hotel room. Of course, I have sympathy for her child and family, but I have absolutely nothing in common with her and this has been on the cards for a long time. Overdoses, no intention to seek help, married an 86 year old billionaire...

Perhaps that makes me a hypocrite.

ANS is dead???:ohmy:

Adriodinho said:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

EDIT: Please can we not talk about me any more in this thread. This is about the families who have lost their loved ones and the people who have lost their lives.

Why do you always self-pity?

Rise above the kunts.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Sorry, is this thread about that cup of tea I had last night? I'm sorry about that guys, I'll try and change.

I didn't bother to read any of the posts here, so if it isn't, then please ignore this (or don't).

Back to the original post (I did read it really), I'm slightly more concerned about the right-wing fascists on this board than I am about some comments posted about ANS. Were you trying to suggest that NSC claims to be some moral place Safeway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here