Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Chat - Is it time for a Name change?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who remembers South Stand Chat? what a load of gash that was.

Or even worse. AlwaysSkint (although I think they may have been the same thing)

One became the other. NSP was even housed at Always Skint for a while, when NSC was 'between hosts' as the two incumbent owners of those sites formed an unlikely alliance in order to try and corner both the laddish and nicey-nicey Albion crowds. NSC came back shortly after and they became virtual ghost towns once again. Bitterness at abject failure seems to have lived on with some.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Yes but then should we have a logo that incorporates the Goldstone
Ermmm why? We ain't in the Goldstone anymore, and I may be going mad but I sit in a stand called the north so what exactly is your point?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ermmm why? We ain't in the Goldstone anymore, and I may be going mad but I sit in a stand called the north so what exactly is your point?

Well its not the old north stand so you are either on the wrong board or yes you are mad

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The new North Stand is nothing like the old one and anyone that did not know the Goldstone would have to know that it had a North Stand to realise NSC refers really to the real North Stand rather than its inferior cousin.

It's not actually the most northerly stand for a start :moo:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The new NSC logo has got me thinking this and sorry if its fixtures but having the Amex on it with the old name doesn't make sense as shirley we need the old logo or a new name eg Amex Sitting Chat?

The new North Stand is nothing like the old one and anyone that did not know the Goldstone would have to know that it had a North Stand to realise NSC refers really to the real North Stand rather than its inferior cousin.

There are more people in the East Stand let alone the West so to have people think this board refers to the New Stand is a bit weird now if you get my drift.
Fcuk off

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I preferred the logo where the north stand pylon was blended with the Amex and was sad to see the plyon go from our header but please please please leave it as North Stand Chat, surely thats something worth remembering....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, no, no.........

It would be nice if we could have the option of using either the old or the new picture though - would that be hard to do?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
why are u guys so fussy? its just a forum where people post their opinions and thoughts who gives a f*** what its called or looks like, just be thankfull that we have a good forum, unlike the majority of other clubs (barnsley, portsmouth, burnley, etc) who are stuck in the 90s.
its typical brighton so f***ing fussy, so f***ing sissy its embarrassing! wouldnt get this sissy shit anywehere else everything has to be perfect, u r so f***ing sad seriously do u not have anything else to do?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I have read some utter rubbish on this board before, but this takes the honour of most pathetic thread ever!

You need to get out more then.

Sorry but perhaps the title is a bit misleading - its not so much of a namechange more of a logo change to reflect the old North Stand from which NCS was born

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can we get with the times and call it 'Brighton Gay Pride Chat with a bit of footy'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here