Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Chat - Is it time for a Name change?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I just come on here to hear the opinions of/chat to/waste time with other Brighton fans. I wouldn't care if it was called North Stand Chat, Seagulls Forum, 'Appy Amex or Poyet's Post. Does anyone else really care?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just popped over to brightonfans.com, and a tumbleweed rolled across my desk.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
NSC = Nice Saturday Chant or No Sodding Change (of name)

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The new NSC logo has got me thinking this and sorry if its fixtures but having the Amex on it with the old name doesn't make sense as shirley we need the old logo or a new name eg Amex Sitting Chat?

The new North Stand is nothing like the old one and anyone that did not know the Goldstone would have to know that it had a North Stand to realise NSC refers really to the real North Stand rather than its inferior cousin.

There are more people in the East Stand let alone the West so to have people think this board refers to the New Stand is a bit weird now if you get my drift.
Can someone kill this thread it is shit

The new NSC logo has got me thinking this and sorry if its fixtures but having the Amex on it with the old name doesn't make sense as shirley we need the old logo or a new name eg Amex Sitting Chat?

The new North Stand is nothing like the old one and anyone that did not know the Goldstone would have to know that it had a North Stand to realise NSC refers really to the real North Stand rather than its inferior cousin.

There are more people in the East Stand let alone the West so to have people think this board refers to the New Stand is a bit weird now if you get my drift.

*gasp* :ohmy:
The renown of The Goldstone North Stand was nothing to do with 'having more people in it' - it was the home stand, like Chelsea have The Shed and Liverpool have The Kop etc.
The AmEx even holds the North Stand is reverence to The Goldstone's one - it's not where neutrals go, and it's where the singing is meant to eminate from, and it's the end The Albion kick into and celebrate scoring goals into. "tiptoe through the West Stand Upper....." just does not roll off the tongue.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That's like saying, oh we don't really play in Brighton anymore, we should be called 'Falmer Albion'.

It's so dumb I assume you're trolling.

However, if you're starting a poll of alternative new names, my suggestion is:
MESSAGEBOARD NAME: Padded Seat Banter
SLOGAN: 'Where Brighton fans sit down but don't shut up'.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
'I love Gus but I think his opinions could possibly and probably will get him in trouble and hated by others clubs chat!' DOT COM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here