Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norovirus

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I had it last year after mopping after our son, it's highly contagious and can spread like wild fire and germs can hang around on toilets etc for 48 hours before dying .............so clean area of vomiting and sh*ting thoroughly to stop the spread.

I blame it down to the poor hygiene standards nowadays you only have to go into the bogs at the AMEX to see maybe 1 in 10 washing their hands and then they go and eat food.

You should feel crap for a couple of days keep the fluids going in as you will dehydrate, hope you feel better soon.

Grammar boy! 4/10 see me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True that, in fact it's a reasonable idea to piss on a wound to cleanse it. Especially an axe-wound.

I think I saw the instructional video of that once, I believe it was called " Lady Gourmet "

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Feeling better now but I've had to work from home for the last three days.

Very unpleasant. Drinks lots of water, rest lots!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Had it a couple of years ago during the Easter break, after I spent a few hours volunteering on a hospital ward. It came as a shock when I started vomiting the following morning. Didn't eat or move much, just spent two days huddled under the blankets with the curtains closed, drinking water (with difficulty) and sleeping. By the time it had passed, the holiday was over :(

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I wonder why it's always winter this shit comes to the fore ??? Every year without fail, the MOMENT the cold snap hits.

no one knows the answer to this question. Apparently it's to do with people sitting around together in the winter. It's highly contagious and you incubate it for 2 days before becoming symptomatic. It certainly has some odd seasonal features. The virus itself does not mutate but it's impact varies from year to year. This year is 83% up on last but is still lower than the all time high of 2001.

I must stop listening to the today program.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
no one knows the answer to this question. Apparently it's to do with people sitting around together in the winter. It's highly contagious and you incubate it for 2 days before becoming symptomatic. It certainly has some odd seasonal features. The virus itself does not mutate but it's impact varies from year to year. This year is 83% up on last but is still lower than the all time high of 2001.

I must stop listening to the today program.

Some dirty gits must start it though. I see so many people drop money on their floor then stick their fingers in their mouth and so on, it's gross. I might look an odd-job when I open toilet doors with my little finger and the like, but you don't see me getting no norovirus (touch wood).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some dirty gits must start it though. I see so many people drop money on their floor then stick their fingers in their mouth and so on, it's gross. I might look an odd-job when I open toilet doors with my little finger and the like, but you don't see me getting no norovirus (touch wood).

It's the ghastly council estate people on busses.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

What you don't realise (most people don't) is how often you unconsciously touch your face after touching surfaces. You don't have to be dabbling your fingers in infected turds then licking them.

The little finger thing is unlikely to make much difference. You are right though...it would make you look like an odd job.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Am i bothered,that's better than my average score, thanks.

:thumbsup:
Sigh... "Am I bothered? Thats better than my average score.Thanks."

If you placed as much importance on your presentation as your opinion I would be a happy form Master.

Must try harder.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I had it for a week in total, at it's worst for 36 hrs. Couldn't get out bed 3 days and didn't eat for four days. Only advice I would give if you have it is to drink fluids. I think I drank 4 litres of water in 1 day at its worst! Worst illness I have ever had!

Anyone visiting friends or relatives in hospital (or residential/nursing homes) needs to be careful of contracting it too. Use the anti bacterial gel !!!!

At best "questionable" efficacy I'd have thought, perhaps if the gel were an anti-viral..............

Has anyone posting symptoms actually been tested for Norovirus?

D

Deleted member 2719

Sigh... "Am I bothered? Thats better than my average score.Thanks."

If you placed as much importance on your presentation as your opinion I would be a happy form Master.

Must try harder.

Thanks for the compliments.

I have only ever wanted to please one of my form master's (she wore mini skirts and was always on a chair) i suspect it wasn't YOU.

If i were you i would be more worried about the end of the world.:)

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What you don't realise (most people don't) is how often you unconsciously touch your face after touching surfaces. You don't have to be dabbling your fingers in infected turds then licking them.

The little finger thing is unlikely to make much difference. You are right though...it would make you look like an odd job.

Thankfully it's not often anyone is leaving the cubicle with me to witness it.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
At best "questionable" efficacy I'd have thought, perhaps if the gel were an anti-viral..............

Has anyone posting symptoms actually been tested for Norovirus?

You could tip bleach onto your hands I suppose?

whitestrat

Dec 19, 2012
The best response is basic hygeine. Most contamination occurs via the fecal oral route. This basically means an infected person getting pooh / puke on their hands, not washing properly and touching someone elses hands or a shared surface touced by someone else who then touches something (e.g. food) that they put in their mouths. Washing hands with soap and water for a good 20 seconds (you don't have to kill the virus - just wash it down the sink) is the best method to get rid of it if you have it or think you've come into contact. Contaminted surfaces like loo seats and kitchen worktops should be washed with household bleach diluted with water - no point in spending loads on fancy cleaning agents. None of this means you definately wont get it - but if everyone behaved like this it wouldn't spread anyware near as much as it does every winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here