Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Wisdom RIP

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Spot on, SoG. I always thought closing a site and then going to it again automatically refreshed it; does this mean there is something wrong with my system?

No , if you click on Tools , then click on Internet Options at the bottom of the box , this will display another dialogue box , click on settings in Browsing history , under temporary internet files check if automatically is selected when it checks for newer versions of stored pages. (the circle is filled in with a blue dot). Thats how it works on Vista and should be similar if you are using XP.

No , if you click on Tools , then click on Internet Options at the bottom of the box , this will display another dialogue box , click on settings in Browsing history , under temporary internet files check if automatically is selected when it checks for newer versions of stored pages. (the circle is filled in with a blue dot). Thats how it works on Vista and should be similar if you are using XP.

Yes, I use XP Home, but it was set on "automatically", which suggests a problem. One of the other 3 options is "Every visit to the page" - would having it on this setting mean that the page would'nt refresh automatically? Currently, BBC live text commentary does, but NSC never does (i.e. on it's own, unless clicking on something).

Last edited:

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
really! theres been a few rumours going around over the last couple of weeks, of which i can assure you are not true!

:bowdown:

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
Taken from the Sir Norman Wisdom website:

Early today News had begun spreading across the Internet that Sir Norman Wisdom had passed away in a article featured on the Sky Web page.

We made an extremely nervous phone call to the family of Sir Norman Wisdom expecting to hear the sad news only to find they know nothing regarding this and Sir Norman is alive and well and wondering what all the fuss is about while enjoying a cup of his favourite tea.

SKY have however released the following press statement

" Thank you very much for your email. The following is an official statement from Sky News:

A Sky News spokesman, "As soon as Sky News was made aware that a pre-prepared video obituary of Norman Wisdom was running online, it took immediate steps to rectify the publishing error. We apologise for any confusion caused."

The video has now been removed from sky.com and sky.com/news. We are, of course, very happy to hear that the great man himself is well and enjoying Christmas, and grateful to you for bringing this mistake to our attention."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm glad it was a false alarm but i've just drunk a quarter of a bottle of 10 yr old bushmills in his honour,i'm now grieving for the missing scotch.

For how long have Bushmills made Scotch?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think it must be wonderful to see your own obit and read the tributes! Even better to be able to step out and say "Hey, I'm still here!"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
On a more serious note, this is very often the reality for the relatives of Alzheimer's victims.

very true my poor old Mum had Alzheimer's and it was explained to me as having two kaleidoscopes running together but in different directions and every once in a while the present day windows meet for a short while,my dad and I have discussed this since she died and are in agreement that she actually passed away long before she died ........if you understand my meaning.
You don't actually die from Alzheimer's it just weakens your will to live,Mum officially died from a chest infection.

On a lighter note Sir Norman was always talked about on the terraces in glowing terms I hope he and his family get an apology from Sky.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
very true my poor old Mum had Alzheimer's and it was explained to me as having two kaleidoscopes running together but in different directions and every once in a while the present day windows meet for a short while,my dad and I have discussed this since she died and are in agreement that she actually passed away long before she died ........if you understand my meaning.
You don't actually die from Alzheimer's it just weakens your will to live,Mum officially died from a chest infection.

On a lighter note Sir Norman was always talked about on the terraces in glowing terms I hope he and his family get an apology from Sky.

I know exactly what you mean, my mum died of dementia (not alzheimers) but was like a vegetable for quite a few years before she died :(
Was your mum quite young when she got it? Mine was in her early 60's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here