Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Wisdom RIP

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The sky player link is now a blank page , and the wiki page doesn't say that he is dead (anyone can edit wikipedia which may explain additions being removed several times). There was an earlier thread on NSC regarding Norman Wisdom as his immediate family had put his house in the Isle of Man up for sale (nice gaffe for an asking price of around £750k) which they need to sell to pay the nursing home fees. I reckon that Sky have cocked up as most news media organisations will have pre prepared obituaries ready to send out at the press of a button. A similar thing happened to Reg Varney who was rumoured to have passed away about 3 months before he actually died.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The sky player link is now a blank page , and the wiki page doesn't say that he is dead (anyone can edit wikipedia which may explain additions being removed several times). There was an earlier thread on NSC regarding Norman Wisdom as his immediate family had put his house in the Isle of Man up for sale (nice gaffe for an asking price of around £750k) which they need to sell to pay the nursing home fees. I reckon that Sky have cocked up as most news media organisations will have pre prepared obituaries ready to send out at the press of a button. A similar thing happened to Reg Varney who was rumoured to have passed away about 3 months before he actually died.

Same happened to Lloyd Bridges! His death (but not) was broadcast at the Oscars!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No it isn't, I've just tried it and it's still reporting his death.

All I get is a blank page , doing a search on the Sky News website says the article has been modified at sometime today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So do I order 7,000 flat caps OR NOT??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But I've just tried it again and it's still there for me, even though I made sure no previous window of that site was open. Of course, it'll still be on my hard-drive - maybe it's going straight there after finding a blank page?
Have you refreshed the page as it maybe stored in your cache and taking you back to the first time you viewed it ?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
His own web site is quite specific:

"SKY News Report is FALSE

BREAKING NEWS : - Sir Norman Wisdom Alive and Well."

Sir Norman Wisdom

Sky News Publish by Mistake Death of Norman

Sky News early today have published a report that Sir Norman wisdom has passed away, however we spoke with Sky and they have confirmed the report is false and has been published by mistake and offer there sincere appologies that it has been published.

However this has brought great stress to many Sir Norman Wisdom fans and we can all breath easy that Sir Norman is in fact alive and well and has had a great christmas day - we have confirmed this with Nick Wisdom (Sir Norman's son), the wisdom family would like to pass on best wish's to everyone and have a happy new year.

Norman is alive and well & sky have informed us that the article will be shortly removed.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
His own website wasn't working properly earlier on , probably due to too many hits. I wonder if it is on the same server as NSC ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here