Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Kember freed

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Daft old Twat shouldnt have been in a WAR-ZONE in the first place.

:jester:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
berkshire seagull said:
My view is that you would have to be a very stupid person to go to iraq on a peace conquest:shootself

I can't really think of many better places, can you?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Rougvie said:
Daft old Twat shouldnt have been in a WAR-ZONE in the first place.

:jester:

CPT initiated a long-term presence in Iraq in October 2002, six months before the beginning of the U.S. led invasion in March of 2003. The primary focus of the team for eighteen months following the invasion was documenting and focusing attention on the issue of detainee abuses and basic legal and human rights being denied them. Issues related to detainees remain but the current focus of the team has expanded to include efforts to end occupation and militarization of the country and to foster nonviolent and just alternatives for a free and independent Iraq.

You have a problem with that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am happy for the old boy, The American bought it though.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Vlad the Impala said:
You have a problem with that?

No, in fact as its no where near me, I couldnt give a flying f*** about the whole thing.:thumbsup:

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
Rougvie said:
No, in fact as its no where near me, I couldnt give a flying f*** about the whole thing.:thumbsup:

Except enough to call him a 'daft old twat.' :dunce:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Well he is a daft old twat!! According to media reports if they are to be believed, Kember hasn;t even had the good grace to thank the Military for rescuing him. What a miserable ungrateful bastard if that's the case! Ok so he may be anti-war and anti-military but at least put your ideologies aside for a minute to thank the group that saved you from having your throat slit. Daft old twat!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
XooX said:
Well he is a daft old twat!! According to media reports if they are to be believed, Kember hasn;t even had the good grace to thank the Military for rescuing him. What a miserable ungrateful bastard if that's the case! Ok so he may be anti-war and anti-military but at least put your ideologies aside for a minute to thank the group that saved you from having your throat slit. Daft old twat!

Agreed.
Can't even bring himself to say "thank you." Leave him there.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
XooX said:
According to media reports . . .

Do you always believe what you read in the papers and then condemn people on their say so? Good grief.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
XooX said:

just wait for the old c*nt to say it was all god's will......send him back!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Vlad the Impala said:
Do you always believe what you read in the papers and then condemn people on their say so? Good grief.

No, thats why I included , "if they are to be believed" and "if that's the case!" in my posting because if they are to be believed and if it is the case then I stand by my comment that he is a Daft old twat.

Read the post properly next time you daft old twat! :jester:

Mind you, he has to be a daft old twat in the first place for going to Iraq!

As for your copy & pasted blurb taken from the Christian Peacemaker Teams website, what a misguided bunch of happy clappy god botherers they are! Who came up with that idea FFS? Lets send a bunch of devout Christians spouting the Gospel and God & Jesus' truth and love into the hellsfire of Iraq where several factions of equally pissed off and Christian hating Muslims are desperately trying to wipe each other out, like that's going to work.

I note that their motto is, "Getting in the Way". No shit!

Last edited:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I wouldn't have gone to Iraq whilst it was under a Saddam regime. You had to be pretty dense to go there with him in power.

Bit like going to the states under George Duubya Bush. Who knows when war will break out?!?!?!

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
XooX said:
No, thats why I included , "if they are to be believed" and "if that's the case!" in my posting because if they are to be believed and if it is the case then I stand by my comment that he is a Daft old twat.

As for your copy & pasted blurb taken from the Christian Peacemaker Teams website, what a misguided bunch of happy clappy god botherers they are! Who came up with that idea FFS? Lets send a bunch of devout Christians spouting the Gospel and God & Jesus' truth and love into the hellsfire of Iraq where several factions of equally pissed off and Christian hating Muslims are desperately trying to wipe each other out, like that's going to work.

Personally, I admire the bloke for standing up and having the courage of his beliefs - risking his life in an attempt to help people is totally commendable as far as I'm concerned.

Silly old bugger he may be, but a bigger and braver man than we are.

XooX said:

How reassuring to know that you could be policing anti-war demonstrations in Sussex :rolleyes:

And you think you'd thoroughly research the facts rather than just glance at a few newspaper reports before coming out with a load of chav insults directed at the old geezer. Shoot first and ask questions later, eh?

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
London Irish said:
How reassuring to know that you could be policing anti-war demonstrations in Sussex

Have you ever been in the firing line of anything more dangerous than a flying champagne cork?

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
XooX said:

Oh come off it, you began with the 'ifs' but ended with another simple "Daft old twat." Condemned him again on the basis of your own ifs and buts. Be a pratt if you want but at least be honest about it.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
XooX said:

You complete twat. Do you actually know what you are talking about? Obviously NOT. Have you any idea how many Moslems supported what they were doing - not only there but in many other danger zones around the world? Even Hamas appreciate what they are doing. Next time, engage the brain cells before hitting the keys.

Bry Nylon said:
Have you ever been in the firing line of anything more dangerous than a flying champagne cork?

A few bad situations on anti-facist demos, yes, thanks for your touching concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here