Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

norman baker

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I read a book of his on the david kelly death / murder. it was pretty good but I didnt put two and two together with his connection with bha. I guess you still hate him?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hate him? Don't be daft. I think you'll find there's still a great deal of respect here for that vindictive old piece of shit.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
He will never be forgiven for trying to stop Falmer.

Besides that, I find it utterly repulsive that, after all these years having a pop at the tories locally (and still does) he then joins them to form a Conservative Government - and not only that - accepts the post of junior minister for transport. It makes me puke.

Other than that, I quite like the bloke. :lolol:

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
The book is a load of bollocks - very like pretty much every other view publicly uttered by the author in fact

fiction thinly veiled as fact - like liberal policies in coalition with the tories

Simplified argument. There's more too it than that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
he doesn't deserve the attention required to "hate", he's certainly not popular but not Belloti or Archer.

sammy g

At the risk of making myself unpopular, in his defence he represents many constituents who were rabidly anti-Falmer along with the local council. In terms of his political health, anything other then an anti- Falmer approach may have been political suicide for him, and I don't suppose he was prepared to take that risk for BHA.
Particularly as there is a long established anti Brighton vibe within some quarters in Lewes. Also when we finally got a yes decision I remember he had prepared those people against the stadium and encouraged them not to try and take it any further.
I am by no means an authority in that period and people may well have more knowledge about his role which may not be so favourable.
What he never was, was a Bellotti or an Archer or even the horrible hag from LDC whose name I have forgotten. De Vicchi?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
At the risk of making myself unpopular, in his defence he represents many constituents who were rabidly anti-Falmer along with the local council.

i'd venture that most Lewes constituents were indifferent and a significant proportion were for it. i very much doubt he canvassed opinion and just backed the knee-jerk vocal minority against.

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
He will never be forgiven for trying to stop Falmer.

Besides that, I find it utterly repulsive that, after all these years having a pop at the tories locally (and still does) he then joins them to form a Conservative Government - and not only that - accepts the post of junior minister for transport. It makes me puke.

Other than that, I quite like the bloke. :lolol:

:thumbsup: I rather agree with this - apart from puking!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I like and support the vast majority of his environmental policies. I liked the way he attacked the MPs and their expenses. I do believe (without any proof) that Dr Kelly was either killed or push into killing himself. I hate him for his behaviour over the football stadium. He is an MP for the whole constituency and not just a small village.

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
At the risk of making myself unpopular, in his defence he represents many constituents who were rabidly anti-Falmer along with the local council. In terms of his political health, anything other then an anti- Falmer approach may have been political suicide for him, and I don't suppose he was prepared to take that risk for BHA.
Particularly as there is a long established anti Brighton vibe within some quarters in Lewes. Also when we finally got a yes decision I remember he had prepared those people against the stadium and encouraged them not to try and take it any further.
I am by no means an authority in that period and people may well have more knowledge about his role which may not be so favourable.
What he never was, was a Bellotti or an Archer or even the horrible hag from LDC whose name I have forgotten. De Vicchi?

:blush: but then again I find I agree with this! To make matters worse I heard from the top that actually Lewes DC have been quite helpful since Falmer go-ahead granted, whilst B&H City haven't helped a lot!
:amex:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
whilst B&H City haven't helped a lot!
:amex:

Funny how the extra planning applications and alterations have all been passed first time fully approved etc!!!

I went to a couple of the planning meetings with another poster from here and believe me you couldn't be more wrong!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
He has constantly opposed improvements to the A27 between Lewes and Polegate, much to the detriment of his constituents who live at one end and work at the other.
Basically, he's an opinionated gobshite.

(oh, and didn't he get pissy because he couldn't claim for a bicycle on expenses, having to buy it himself like the rest of us ?)

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
In terms of his political health, anything other then an anti- Falmer approach may have been political suicide for him, and I don't suppose he was prepared to take that risk for BHA. Particularly as there is a long established anti Brighton vibe within some quarters in Lewes.

Not sure I agree with this analysis. I think most of Lewes is (albeit tacitly) pro the Albion. You had a few loonies like that ex Councillor who has fights with people about deck chairs and beach huts, the other ex Councillor (also ex Page 3-er) who is apparently now some sort of white witch; plus a load of Planners who advise them who are toffs and like Opera (so will approve a HIDEOUS development at Glyndebourne) and Hockey; and so think Footy is for Oiks. This made De Vecchi (whose capability for independent thought is probably questionable) turn anti; so then Norm feels he has to back his local Council as they are the same political colour as him.

If he'd stopped for a minute and thought "lets have a look at the previous of the antis" he would probably have kept his head down and written an even longer book about Dr David Kelly; rather than spouting the sort of nonsense that he did. But - more fool him - he didn't. He is a goon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here