Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

norman baker

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Aside from that disagreement he is a good local MP

Why do people keep saying that? What has he actually acheived for his constituency? Got his name in the media often enough but apart from that - an incinerator, sewage farm, run down port, botched up A27 improvements, opposition to our Stadium, are amongst his legacy.

Last edited:

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
When I drive home work all I get is Norman Baker signs and once I cross into Mid Sussex is Nicholas Soames! Two reasons why I have no idea who to vote for today!

I cant vote for the Lib Dems who through Lewes Distric Council and Baker costs our clubs millions in delays and with Bellotti nearly destroyed our club. I do not want to vote for Soames. I expect Soames will win but the local lib dem appears to be gaining ground on him, but I just cant vote for that party!

So at the moment I do not know what to do this evening, Labour will be a distant 3rd, do I vote Monster Raving loony party as a protest or is that just a wasted vote, so that leaves UKIP & BNP, ermm no thanks to either of them! and finally the Green party, not heard much from them in Mid Sussex, guess they are concentrating on Brighton as they have a chance of winning a seat!

I want a hung parliament so guess I should vote Lib Dem to try and stop the Torys winning mid sussex. Tactical voting? Not sure, really not sure I can do it!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously there was an issue as far as the Albion are concerned, but as I understand it, he does actually have a very good reputation as a local MP. One who does actually bother to attend Westminster on a regular basis (even if some of us might think it's just so he can get his name in the papers), and who takes a genuine interest in local concerns. He certainly seems very visible within Lewes and the surrounding area.

I've lived in mid Sussex for years and I've never once seen my MP (Nicholas Soames) in Burgess Hill. The only local issue I can recall him shouting about was when there was a concern the Princess Royal hospital might be downgraded. Other than that? Nothing.

Someone else might know different, but he certainly seems pretty invisible to me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The voting forms in my area did make me chuckle today. They have the candidates' surnames in bold print as you go down the list. In Burgess Hill it reads

BOOT

Some UKIP guy

Some spotty-faced BNP yoof from Crawley (if you want my vote sunshine, you can at least LIVE in the constituency, otherwise sod off and stand in Crawley)

SOAMES

THUNDERCLAP

TIERNEY

I don't know why, as I know the bloke has been around for years but it's still funny seeing someone calling themselves THUNDERCLAP written in bold on the voting slip.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Someone else might know different, but he certainly seems pretty invisible to me.

Considering his size that is some achievement! I wrote to him about a proposed development in West Hoathly and also over the stadium in Falmer and got a reply within a day or two which impressed me. He also turned up on our door step the day we moved houses as that was during the last election. I was very polite but told him I would not be voting for him and when he asked why I was all ready with a witty retourt but came out with the truth which was that we were still registered in Worthing so couldn't vote in mid sussex anyway!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Why do people keep saying that? What has he actually acheived for his constituency? Got his name in the media often enough but apart from that - an incinerator, sewage farm, run down port, botched up A27 improvements, opposition to our Stadium, are amongst his his legacy.

Don't forget him asking parliamentary questions about John Prescott getting a (possibly) free steak and kidney pie down at Falmer. The man whom asks the important questions just when the country needs him to.:rant:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ba-da-bish!

Junior-Drum-Kit.jpg

He's a very very good MP. Mixes with his constituants and listens to them. My local Tory MP drives around in his Porche dressed in expensive clothes showing off his wealth where as Norman tries to fit in. OK he's upset a few over Falmer but that does not make him a bad MP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here