Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

norman baker

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
He's a very very good MP. Mixes with his constituants and listens to them. My local Tory MP drives around in his Porche dressed in expensive clothes showing off his wealth where as Norman tries to fit in. OK he's upset a few over Falmer but that does not make him a bad MP

Saw Norman "trying to fit in" outside my kids school yesterday. Socially awkward isn't the word for it, the man has less people skills than TLO. If some parents hadn't rather surprisingly recognised him as their local mp I'm sure we would have had a good old fashioned paedo hunt on our hands

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't think he's a bad local MP and as I am anti-Tory and am happy that the LDs have some decent leftish policies, I should probably vote for him. After much soul searching, though, I just can't do so.
Despite the local candidate not being up to much I will vote GREEN in solidarity with Caroline Lucas.
PG

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I like the Lib Dems national policies and hope they do well overall, but could not bring myself to vote for Baker.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Don't forget him asking parliamentary questions about John Prescott getting a (possibly) free steak and kidney pie down at Falmer. The man whom asks the important questions just when the country needs him to.:rant:

Maybe we could ask Norman baker to present sir Prescott ( as he should be knighted) with a massive steak and kidney pie in the centre circle at falmer on the opening day!

That would be f***ing brilliant

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
He was the only one to ask for a donation to the party in his election campaign leaflets.
I noticed that two local ex Lib Dem councillors, Robbie Robertson and Margerita Scarfe have defected to the Tories and have endorsed Sugarman on his election leaflet.

Association of Liberal Democrat Councillors, Effective Opposition issued 1999 and still in use
'Be wicked, act shamelessly, stir endlessly.. Don't be afraid to exaggerate, positive campaigning will NOT be enough to win'

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive voted lib dem, but if i was voting in lewes there is no way id back that eagle headed ****

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Saw Norman "trying to fit in" outside my kids school yesterday. Socially awkward isn't the word for it, the man has less people skills than TLO. If some parents hadn't rather surprisingly recognised him as their local mp I'm sure we would have had a good old fashioned paedo hunt on our hands

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

that is by far and away the funniest thing i have read on here in a long time - congratulations sir

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's just turned up on my doorstep asking if my parents were going to vote for him as they've not voted yet.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
He's just turned up on my doorstep asking if my parents were going to vote for him as they've not voted yet.

What did you say
"I'm praying for a hung parliamnet with you in the first noose"?:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

That's the second time recently you've had a pop at me, and seeing as we've never met, you don't know what you're talking about, and you're not actually in a position to comment.

So why do you? HB&B-style attention-seeking? Or are you just a sad prat?

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I work at the college in Lewes and have to say that 90% of students I spoke to today are voting for him. We had Sugarman in to talk to the students from his top toff tory perspective, I actually think he managed to lose an entire class of votes in one clean sweep.

As much as I hate what Baker did, he is a good politician and his work on the Kelly incident is a very good read.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
That's the second time recently you've had a pop at me, and seeing as we've never met, you don't know what you're talking about, and you're not actually in a position to comment.

So why do you? HB&B-style attention-seeking? Or are you just a sad prat?

I've knowingly met you on three seperate occasions. Each time you acted like a smug superior twat.
I bought something from your shop once. Thought it was a brave thing that shop, but by god i know why it folded, you didn't exactly encourage repeat custom. You gave the impression that i was honoured to be allowed in and that i should be thanking you for being overcharged for an item i could quite easily have purchased elsewhere.

And over the years i've come to loathe the same attitude you bring to your postings on here. You lack humour, you lack humilty, you lack empathy. In short, you lack class.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've knowingly met you on three seperate occasions. Each time you acted like a smug superior twat.
I bought something from your shop once. Thought it was a brave thing that shop, but by god i know why it folded, you didn't exactly encourage repeat custom. You gave the impression that i was honoured to be allowed in and that i should be thanking you for being overcharged for an item i could quite easily have purchased elsewhere.

And over the years i've come to loathe the same attitude you bring to your postings on here. You lack humour, you lack humilty, you lack empathy. In short, you lack class.

I was delighted whenever anyone came to the shop and delighted whenever anyone bought something from me. If you couldn't see that, it's you that's blinded by your own issues. You hated it so much, you came back three times...?

So don't judge me by your own insecurities.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
As much as I would like to see him ousted, I am afraid that he is nailed on for this one.

He has a decent size majority and a good reputation with his constituants.

Fingers crossed for a minor miracle though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here