Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker on the Phone-in

The Large One said:
YOU know that. I know that. And, frankly, NORMAN knows that.

Doesn't stop him spouting his shit though.

We need to hire Jeremy Paxman for the day to interview him, I think he would take Harty for a ride. No disrespect to Harty.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mr Baker

" Why are you such a C*NT ? "

Succinct and to the point.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I would ask him

"where is this other site? Despite their being two public inquiries ruling out other sites, with Falmer being chosen as the best one (albeit not perfect)"

the second being "what were you doing with a rent boy on East Brighton beach in the early hours. I thought that you were a married man"

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't even give him the air time. He's an arrogant, egotistical liar who believes that any publicity with him in it is good publicity. Why give him the platform to reach thousands of listeners and continue his campaign that he is clearly only using to further himself ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Westdene Seagull said:
I wouldn't even give him the air time. He's an arrogant, egotistical liar who believes that any publicity with him in it is good publicity. Why give him the platform to reach thousands of listeners and continue his campaign that he is clearly only using to further himself ?

Jeez, I know that some people have it in for Harty but he's not that bad.

:jester:

Yoda

English & European
“You keep using the AONB as your main line of defence against the stadium being built. How come you are more than happy for it to be built in bigger, better, more natural Area’s of Outstanding Natural Beauty like, Waterhall (which will be WITHIN the South Downs Natural Park), Toads Hole and Sheepcote?”

“What would you prefer being built at the stadium site, as it is earmarked for development within the next ten years anyway? A Stadium, only used by 1000+ people for about one tenth of the year, or something that will be used everyday e.g. a shopping complex, housing, or even the sewage works?”

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Another question for our bogus fighter against sleaze:

When BHAFC were asset stripped by Messrs Stanley and Archer in 1996/97, did a politician with whom you were closely linked, named David Bellotti, gain any financial benefits?

Perhaps Norman attends public meetings where such important issues can be raised.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Southover Street Seagull said:
We need to hire Jeremy Paxman for the day to interview him, I think he would take Harty for a ride. No disrespect to Harty.

None taken Southover, however I have had him on before and I think I could match him again verbally.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think we do need to be really careful with this as at the end of the day he is a politician and has a habit of not actually lying but instead being very economical with the truth.

he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does but you have to see the way that NSC went into a flat spin for 10 mins after his appearance on meridian before evrybody calmed down and realised how he was being misleading and selective.

On radio, nobody has that ten mins.

Any small inaccuracy in questions asked will be jumped on to avoid dealing with the issues so people need to be prepared. I know a number of questions on here are spoof but some are not and they have errors in that will give him a way out - we need to clearly define the difference between what we think he said and what he has actually said as well as what he has done and what LDC has done.

Whether you like or dislike DK he was willing to answer questions from people on a subject we all know a great deal about - the Albion. Baker may choose to answer questions on a subject he thinks he knows more about than us - we need to prove him wrong.

Of course he may choose to not answer questions from us - in which case Ian, the pressure will be on you to ensure you are on top form with facts, figures and dates. In business it's called wargaming.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ROSM said:
I think we do need to be really careful with this as at the end of the day he is a politician and has a habit of not actually lying but instead being very economical with the truth.

he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does but you have to see the way that NSC went into a flat spin for 10 mins after his appearance on meridian before evrybody calmed down and realised how he was being misleading and selective.

On radio, nobody has that ten mins.

Any small inaccuracy in questions asked will be jumped on to avoid dealing with the issues so people need to be prepared. I know a number of questions on here are spoof but some are not and they have errors in that will give him a way out - we need to clearly define the difference between what we think he said and what he has actually said as well as what he has done and what LDC has done.

Whether you like or dislike DK he was willing to answer questions from people on a subject we all know a great deal about - the Albion. Baker may choose to answer questions on a subject he thinks he knows more about than us - we need to prove him wrong.

Of course he may choose to not answer questions from us - in which case Ian, the pressure will be on you to ensure you are on top form with facts, figures and dates. In business it's called wargaming.
Good points, well made.
The simple answer is that we need our very own Seagulls Party rep Lord Bracknell all headphoned-up and there with Harty to calmly disect and articulately destroy the misinformation and myths we know Baker will start trying to peddle.

They could make that a Pay Per VIEW event (in the hearing sense) and I'd certainly be signing up for it.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Easy 10 said:
Good points, well made.
The simple answer is that we need our very own Seagulls Party rep Lord Bracknell all headphoned-up and there with Harty to calmly disect and articulately destroy the misinformation and myths we know Baker will start trying to peddle.

They could make that a Pay Per VIEW event (in the hearing sense) and I'd certainly be signing up for it.

That's an excellent suggestion Easy. Surely that would fit in with the BBC's mantra of having balanced broadcasting.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I started writing a load of questions. Then thought hang on a mo. His rearchers will be reserching this site for clues as to the type of questions he might be asked.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Harty said:
None taken Southover, however I have had him on before and I think I could match him again verbally.

Seriously...any chance of having him on to explain his position?
Doesn't have to be a phone-in. Could be just him and an interviewer such as yourself or in an ideal world a two-way debate with Messrs Perry and/or Samrah or yourself with a totally impartial adjudicator.

Personally speaking, I suspect that a phone-in would be a huge own goal for us supporters as we would be emotive, hyped -up and unlikely to listen to anything Norman says. We'd just want to shoot him down and let him know how indignant we are. We'd look boorish and silly and he being the consummate politician would seem the voice of reason.

I don't think I'd be able to stay rational with the bloke who is trying to kill the thing I love.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here