Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker invited on fans phone-in this Saturday.

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
Any money he won't accept the invite. And if he did he'd be like any other MP and will avoid giving a straight answer to anything.
If he does come on, any chance of a programme extension? 40 minutes won't be enough for what could turn out to be the radio event of the year.

Morgans Mullet

Mar 9, 2004
I would suggest the best callers are his albion supporting constituants - he's much more likely to take notice of what they are saying.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Gullet said:
Any money he won't accept the invite.

Its hard to see baker scoring an points or gaining any votes from going on the show. Do you think he will get his cronies to ring up and support him in the interest of a balanced show?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Morgans Mullet said:
I would suggest the best callers are his albion supporting constituants - he's much more likely to take notice of what they are saying.

Exactly, all Lewes Residents bombard the phone lines and demand your tax amount back for the money thats gone on for LDC against Falmer...that'd shut him up!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
SCRAP the classifieds - people who want to hear that can tune in to 5-Live.
SCRAP all the local scores - nobody gives a toss.
SCRAP the travel - so theres a traffic jam somewhere, big deal.
SCRAP "the lovely Sophia" - we want debate, not texts about goals scored on debuts.

In fact, just scrap EVERYTHING and leave the way clear for Perry, Baker, and some pertinent, intelligent and probing questions from the listeners, preferably pre-screened so the timewasters can be weeded out before they get on air.

Come on, this is VALUABLE and IMPORTANT.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Easy 10 said:

In fact, just scrap EVERYTHING and leave the way clear for Perry, Baker, and some pertinent, intelligent and probing questions from the listeners, preferably pre-screened so the timewasters can be weeded out before they get on air.

And some Kung-Fu.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Harty, I suggest you invite Lord Bracknell (Edd) on as well.

This will be unmissable, might even call in myself! I could do with a bit of baker beating..

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Please don't Biscuit. I can see it now...

"So Mr Baker, what did the romans ever do for us?"

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
CrabtreeBHA said:
Exactly, all Lewes Residents bombard the phone lines and demand your tax amount back for the money thats gone on for LDC against Falmer...that'd shut him up!

He'll just say, rightly, that that is an issue for LDC, not him. Though why he shouldn't have an interest in what a District Council in his constituency is spending its cash on is beyond me.

Somebody from Lewes should point out that he works for THEM and that THEY want a stadium at Falmer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Curious Orange said:
He'll just say, rightly, that that is an issue for LDC, not him. Though why he shouldn't have an interest in what a District Council in his constituency is spending its cash on is beyond me.

Somebody from Lewes should point out that he works for THEM and that THEY want a stadium at Falmer.

Somebody should also point out to him that it is him that has encouraged and helped keep this issue dragging on and requiring extra funding paid for by LDC.

He won't accept the invite so we should go ahead without him and Harty, you should adopt Tom Hark as your theme song for this show.

Baker will merely make all the usual trite points about representing his constituents interests, its right on their doorstep so of course they should have a say, it goes against all the government's planning strictures about AONBs, it has been rejected TWICE by the Planning Inspectorate so this strikes as desperate measures, he is not persionally against the Albion having a stadium but Falmer is too small, in the wrong place, unsustainable, the application is being railroaded through against the wishes of the local population of Falmer who will have to bear the brunt of all the disruption.

blah blah blah blah blah

The pertinant question to ask him is "What the F*** is it to do with you"

Fortunately I will be safely (hopefully) back on a train from a point picking up perabulation in South Wales.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Hope Perry socks Baker one, hope harty just leaves them to fight it out, Baker will shit himself about going on air to face us fans and Perry.
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT,

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
PLEEEEEASE someone add a link of the show for us exiles up north!!!

I really want to hear this!!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Can we have a thread on NSC where those of us not able to ring up on Saturday can leave our questions for Harty to ask for us or maybe an email address to send our questions to Harty for Baker?
Are you sure this is a good idea. We don't want to give him too much help do we?

Am glad I am not in Sussex. Would be unable to listen to it without smashing the radio probably.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:

Been there and done that. He squirms but goes around in circles. I got the Tipples in to help me have a go at him and David Rodgers when they did a tour of Newhaven.

Originally posted by Storer68
Baker will merely make all the usual trite points about representing his constituents interests, its right on their doorstep so of course they should have a say, it goes against all the government's planning strictures about AONBs, it has been rejected TWICE by the Planning Inspectorate so this strikes as desperate measures, he is not persionally against the Albion having a stadium but Falmer is too small, in the wrong place, unsustainable, the application is being railroaded through against the wishes of the local population of Falmer who will have to bear the brunt of all the disruption.

He does and says that the Falmer constituents want him to represent them. He really wants us to have a stadium (yeah right!) :angry:

He also blames JP for all the delays :angry: :angry:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yorkie said:

He also blames JP for all the delays :angry: :angry:

Then Norman fecking Baker is a lying snivelling fecking toe-rag. He might fool the Little Britainers of Falmer but there are many thousands of us who know the truth and Baker knows that. I think that is likely to be the main reason he either doesn't appear OR gets protected by the producer.

I hope somebody twats him and thwows him to the gwound vewy woughly.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Well done Harty - I know you get some stick from some sections of the anoymous brigade, but I can't fault you for commitment in getting people like Norman Baker on. I hope he accepts the invite, it will in interesting to hear 'the other sides' opinions and the general reaction. Looking foward to it already.

Credit where it's due
Andy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here