Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norman Baker invited on fans phone-in this Saturday.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
After Martin Perry's passionate performance on last Saturday's phone-in, with the issues he raised regarding Lewes District Council in the interests of balance, and not wanting another Albion programme editorial accusing me of being 'unbalanced' I have invited Lewes MP and stance anti stadium man Norman Baker on my show this week.
Fans will be invited to call in with their questions and points for Mr Baker although I'm hoping that Martin Perry will also take part, and I will be speaking to him about this later in the week.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good to give us advance warning Harty.

I doubt if I will join the queue.

Keep the questions short and acid.

It is always best to ask questions that put them in a difficult position and then follow up with the second killer question like Question Time in Parliament if you want to score political points.

The idea is to forecast what the answer is first. If they can squeeze out of the reply easily.

I think it is too important to waste on flipparies.

e.g

To Norman Baker. I understand that you went hunting whales up in Iceland. Did you find any?

He will have to explain why he was trying to save the whales.

Harty: Where are you ring from>?
Reply: Wales

And then we can say we are trying to save the Albion like the whales ??

PS: what about saving the Haddock?

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Please remember that your phone-in is an ALBION phone in and not a platform for the NIMBYs. They're given more than enough vehicles to air their lies and rantings.

Please also instruct your producer to keep all of those batty old women off the show this week too-this is too serious an issue to waste airtime on airheaded old dears.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What are the chances of getting the phone-in archived onto World? I missed Martin's rant last week, as I was still on the bus to Mithras House, and I'm hoping to be in Cardiff this coming weekend, so will miss NB, too.

It would be good to make this available generally to those who miss it completely by actually going to games!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perry utterly raped Baker live on air last time, so this will be UNMISSABLE.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Can we have a thread on NSC where those of us not able to ring up on Saturday can leave our questions for Harty to ask for us or maybe an email address to send our questions to Harty for Baker?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Wouldn't it be better to get them to don some gloves and go half a dozen rounds. No spin just the 2 fat fuckers knockin the shit out of each other. FAR MORE ENTERTAINING.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Harty, can you please try to get the calls screened a bit better than usually happens on this show. The last thing we need are the daft lot you usually get calling up when Martin Perry is on, eg "How come Leeds are in so much debt and keep spending? Why can't we be more like them, it's ridiculous."

Lord B, PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE call up, That is EXACTLY the sort of caller we want Harty, NOT the FG's of this World who could come out with almost anything.

Some guy fresh from his labotamy, ranting and raving unintellible nonsense is no use to us. Intelligent well informed arguments need to be put to Baker, especially about how Lewes DC can justify spending all this money etc.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Superseagull said:
Can we have a thread on NSC where those of us not able to ring up on Saturday can leave our questions for Harty to ask for us or maybe an email address to send our questions to Harty for Baker?

Good idea. Here's mine

So Mr Baker, why are you such a f***ing kuntchops?

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
smilies-40878.png

angrysoapbox.sml.gif

boxer.gif

......and relax.........

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here