Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Normally sound as a pound Insider is completely wrong re. Jordan

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
ROSM said:
There's a very simple way to deal with this.

If you are personally offended or affected by the comments made and you feel that you have been harrassed or the comments have caused you upset, then you have the right to make a complaint.

If however, you are just using this matter to try and get one over the perma tanned idiot then perhap you need to walk away and think about it.

As i said if he made the comments there is no excusing it, but Brighton fans must get this sort of thing every other week from opposing fans, but i very much doubt you want to go making complaints to the Police or the footballing authorities over it. JAT but maybe because it was Palace's chairman saying it, it has got your back up a bit more than usual?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
ROSM said:

If you are personally offended or affected by the comments made and you feel that you have been harrassed or the comments have caused you upset, then you have the right to make a complaint.

If however, you are just using this matter to try and get one over the perma tanned idiot then perhap you need to walk away and think about it.

Walking away and thinking right now.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Buzzer said:
Agree completely. That's not the issue though. It's the fact that someone has complained to BHA who have told the fan to ignore it. This implies that the club don't think homophobic abuse is offensive. ???

And for the record I'd have complained if it had been the Doncaster chairman, the fact that it's the Palace chairman just makes it worse.

I can certainly see the point you're making. I think the issue here is that the insider's comments indicate that he feels the person should ignore it but I dont think he is telling him to ignore it.

If a formal complaint is to be made it should come from someone who feels that they fall into the category I have tried to define. If that is the case then i would fully support them in their right to do so.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
SJ's Love Monkey said:
JAT but maybe because it was Palace's chairman saying it, it has got your back up a bit more than usual?
But of course there's a big difference between what - very understandably - gets said as part of terrace banter and what gets said by a chairman of an albeit-minor football club on the telly?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
But of course there's a big difference between what - very understandably - gets said as part of terrace banter and what gets said by a chairman of an albeit-minor football club on the telly?

About an albeit even more minor football club.

I know Jordan comes across as a tosser - but I cannot believe some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread. This was Soccer AM after all.

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
ROSM said:

100% bang on the money. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse if he went on there saying all Brighton fans like to rimjaw their fathers. It just makes him look like more of a berk IMO.

If Brighton fans are going to get the hump every time someone insinuates that we're all benders then there are going to be an awful ammount of complaints being made.

If DK had been on there and said 'Atilla has just written a poem about a bloke who sat on a Sunbed for too long, I'm sure it will appeal to Crystal Palace fans' would we be up in arms so much. Or would it just be a bit of harmless banter?

Me thinks the latter.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Arthur said:
100% bang on the money. Personally I couldn't give a rats arse if he went on there saying all Brighton fans like to rimjaw their fathers. It just makes him look like more of a berk IMO.

If Brighton fans are going to get the hump every time someone insinuates that we're all benders then there are going to be an awful ammount of complaints being made.

If DK had been on there and said 'Atilla has just written a poem about a bloke who sat on a Sunbed for too long, I'm sure it will appeal to Crystal Palace fans' would we be up in arms so much. Or would it just be a bit of harmless banter?

Me thinks the latter.

The FA (bless them) take a different view of the matter and are trying to kick homophobia out of football in the same way they are trying to kick racism out of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yep - homophobic abuse is just banter after all and I'm just being touchy.

Anyhow, hear the one about the Irish spazza ****** who tried to blow up a bent paki......

:nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Arthur said:

Me thinks the latter.
That's insulting one person who is quite happy to insult first, doing something which isn't considered lewd or distasteful (at least by some).

Jordan was referring to an entire club's fanbase in a manner which insults both the supporters and homosexuals, him mistakenly thinking both are inferior.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yorkie said:
The FA (bless them) take a different view of the matter and are trying to kick homophobia out of football in the same way they are trying to kick racism out of it.

Cobblers!

If they are trying to kick homophobia out of football why are we subjected to "Does you're boyfriend know you're here" etc every week?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Buzzer said:
Yep - homophobic abuse is just banter after all and I'm just being touchy.

In my opinion, yes you are!

If you don't feel like that then do as the ROSM suggested and do something about it instead of crying on here and making ALL of us look like whiney little bitches!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Arthur said:
In my opinion, yes you are!

If you don't feel like that then do as the ROSM suggested and do something about it instead of crying on here and making ALL of us look like whiney little bitches!

read the effing thread and you'll see that I have done.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That's a bit harsh.

I can see how it may look as if it's just a bandwagon to jump on in an attempt to get Jordan in trouble but ultimately a man in his position shouldn't be allowed to get away with such insinuations.

I don't take offence as a Brighton fan, I am more shocked he has aired his views in public on a matter you can't get away with in this day and age.

If a guest on a gameshow, the news or even reality TV came out with disparaging remarks about homosexuality there'd be uproar in the national press, and the fact that Jordan has done so to make clear his antipathy towards our club makes it all the more petty.

I don't think the man deserves to be burned for it, but he does need to be made aware that he can't say things like that on live TV and expect to get away with it

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is very much a case of a loathsome man, who loves the sound of his own voice, saying what he wants because he can.

Being rich and 'famous' does not give you a license to say something derogatory, even if it was said as 'banter' or in jest. I would feel the same if anyone said something of this sort.

I am not personally offended, but that doesn't make it right. He should be brought to book for that comment.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
About an albeit even more minor football club.

I know Jordan comes across as a tosser - but I cannot believe some of the sanctimonious crap on this thread. This was Soccer AM after all.

Please advise where you can verify the state of minority between the two clubs Paulus? Is there a sliding scale or by what other means do you quantify?

Come on reassure me that you are a reasonable thinking man.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Barrel of Fun said:
It is very much a case of a loathsome man, who loves the sound of his own voice, saying what he wants because he can.

Being rich and 'famous' does not give you a license to say something derogatory, even if it was said as 'banter' or in jest. I would feel the same if anyone said something of this sort.

I am not personally offended, but that doesn't make it right. He should be brought to book for that comment.

I'm not disagreeing. However, it is usually better for complaint to come from someone who is personally aggrieved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here