Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Normally sound as a pound Insider is completely wrong re. Jordan

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Insider seems to indicate that we should just ignore the fact that Simon Jordan made homophobic comments about Brighton fans on Soccer AM.

If he had made a racist comment then would the club ask the fans to 'just ignore it'?

Does the words at the back of each programme about homophobic abuse not being tolerated mean anything?

I, for one, have written to both the FA and Soccer AM and asked them to investigate.

Am I the only one who finds BHA's 'official' line quite staggeringly wrong?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Buzzer said:
Insider seems to indicate that we should just ignore the fact that Simon Jordan made homophobic comments about Brighton fans on Soccer AM.

If he had made a racist comment then would the club ask the fans to 'just ignore it'?

Does the words at the back of each programme about homophobic abuse not being tolerated mean anything?

I, for one, have written to both the FA and Soccer AM and asked them to investigate.

Am I the only one who finds BHA's 'official' line quite staggeringly wrong?

While I normally think 'rise above it' I must say I'm with you on this one, Buzzer. The man's a prize twat and was having a cheap shot at the Albion with the approval of that shit TV show.

Nuke his arse, I say :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Trouble is homophobia is not regarded in the same way as racism - fact of life.

I think in this circumstance though, as chairman of a football league club, he should be made aware of his "faux pas" and apologise such.

Did the Brighton fans react then, or was it just laughed off?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My girlfriend was talking to Tim Lovejoy yesterday about the Brighton fans and Jordan being on the show at the same time and he regretted that it had happened. As he had been off sick all week he didnt know they had been scheduled to appear in the same show until the morning.

Apparently at the end of the show Jordan went up to the Albion fans and gave them the wanker sign and said some rubbish insult, and the Albion fans chanted "Orange, Orange" back at him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I also think the club should make a complaint to the FA, if a clubs chairman can get away with comments like that how will the situation ever improve? Also it could be taken as a catalyst to insight trouble at future games.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is another way to retort... Get Dick Knight to deliver a bricked-up Cortina with Seagull shit all over it to the middle of Selhurst Park.

Seriously, although he considers it a comic aside, the bigger picture is that not only does he erroneously think Brighton fans are gay, but that by calling us that, he considers homosexuality a lower form of existence - i.e. open to ridicule and abuse. It's bad enough coming from anyone but when players and fans are asked to behave in a responsible, non-racist, non-abusive manner, how come football club chairmen believe themselves immune from such considerations?

'Hooligans?' said Brian Clough. 'Well, there are 92 football league chairmen for a start...'

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Public use of homosexuality as a derogatory term is frowned upon in most sections of the media, and aside from anything else is irresponsible and unjust.

I'm sure there are many gay rights groups who would love to hear about this and get on Jordans back.

I think we are well within our rights to kick up a stink with the FA too.

I want to see a full public apology from the smarmy orange tosser

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:
Trouble is homophobia is not regarded in the same way as racism - fact of life.

It is in a court. Racial and homophobic alarm/distress/abuse cases are flagged up in the same tick box at work.

A football chairman should be more careful about his 'jokes' and other chairmen/managers have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute for less.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I personally didn't see Soccer AM on Saturday so i can't comment on what he said, however if he did make homophobic comments to Brighton fans and then gestured at them at the end then he needs to take a long hard look at himself and start acting like an adult. I am a fan of Jordan mainly because he says things that most people only think and is not afraid to upset a few added to the fact he is a Palace fan and won't let anyone or anything take Palace for a ride i admire the bloke. However if what has been said of him on here and elsewhere is true there is no way i or any Palace fan can condone his actions, they are of that of a South London street criminal not that of a multi-millionaire businessman and chairman of a Championship football club. He could well be in hot water again very soon!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
not being funny but what the f*** were our fans on the show oing NOT having a pop at that c*nt. just him being there should have got some abuse but after what he said, as wel as the wanker sign...surely should have prompted one of our lot giving him a slap...or at the VERY least an ear full of abuse!:)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bluejuice said:
I'm sure there are many gay rights groups who would love to hear about this and get on Jordans back.

*snigger*

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Brighton till i die said:
not being funny but what the f*** were our fans on the show oing NOT having a pop at that c*nt. just him being there should have got some abuse but after what he said, as wel as the wanker sign...surely should have prompted one of our lot giving him a slap...or at the VERY least an ear full of abuse!:)

completely agree. I'd have gone ballistic at the c*nt after having to endure that, TV or no TV.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Brighton till i die said:

Probably because just out of camera shot were 4 geezers the size of Australia waiting to step in to protect their employer if that event occurrred!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bluejuice said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Unfortunate term of phrase.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Somebody posted on another thread that their mikes were turned off whilst Jordan was being interviewed.
They did kick footballs at him after the 'Road to Wembley' I'm not sure any of them connected.
I have it on video.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here