Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noone

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why didn't he play like that for us???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's under different instruction at Cardiff. They get more in the box, he's clearly told to express himself more offensively and he's thriving. A good deal for all parties, as has been agreed on here numerous times.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He's under different instruction at Cardiff. They get more in the box, he's clearly told to express himself more offensively and he's thriving. A good deal for all parties, as has been agreed on here numerous times.

Very well put, agreed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's easy to criticise his 'end product' when there's no bugger to get on the end of his crosses, something many or most of us have done at some time. Yes, it was a good bit of business for us and Cardiff but in hindsight I wish we'd have hung on to him.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He is not good enough for the Premiership but with the quality of the Cardiff midfield he can afford to waste lots of crosses/shots because he'll keep getting opptunities. Don't forget how much Cardiff have spent.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Better than the 3 we got in put together.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
What is the point of going on and on about this? I wanted him to to stay, but what's done is done, unless this just a veiled way of having a dig at Tony and Gus.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I prefer Orlandi in the long term.

I am not surprised that Noone is getting on the score sheet though. All the shots cum crosses that went just wide.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

For once Ninja I am in 100% agreement. Just don't make a habit of it lol.....Players need to feel they have the freedom to express themselves, without thinking the manager is breathing down their necks all the time and not prepaid to take any pressure off them, by taking some of the blame for things on their own shoulders.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
For once Ninja I am in 100% agreement. Just don't make a habit of it lol.....Players need to feel they have the freedom to express themselves, without thinking the manager is breathing down their necks all the time and not prepaid to take any pressure off them, by taking some of the blame for things on their own shoulders.

Which is why i say this Friday for a one off game,Gus takes no part other than study the team versus Leeds,take a seat in the Upper west and watch the team,the team he sends out with one instruction-**play the game how you want,play your natural game**

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Our tactics are too strict for the likes of Noone, Cms and LuaLua. They all need a bit more freedom if we want to get more out of them.

Noone would've been much better if we weren't so defensive in midfield because he'd have more options arriving in the box.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Which is why i say this Friday for a one off game,Gus takes no part other than study the team versus Leeds,take a seat in the Upper west and watch the team,the team he sends out with one instruction-**play the game how you want,play your natural game**

Sorry but that is a crazy statement. He gets paid to manage the team, not sit in the stand and watch them. If he can learn something by sitting in the stand, that he does not already know about the team he has managed for nearly three years. Then I suggest he is sacked with immediate effect.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
It's easy to criticise his 'end product' when there's no bugger to get on the end of his crosses, something many or most of us have done at some time. Yes, it was a good bit of business for us and Cardiff but in hindsight I wish we'd have hung on to him.

How many on here said that McSmudger was not getting the service last season,the service was fine the problem was the strikers,and gus did f*** all about it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Reading the Cardiff match report in their local paper, Noone was brilliant yesterday, but pretty ineffective in the previous game or two.

Which is exactly what we got from him. He was an absolute shambles at Swindon in the League Cup back in August, but sparkling against- hmmm- Cardiff a few weeks later. That's what you get with his type of player.

If he'd stayed, we'd have had good games and bad ones, and people would have been queuing up to praise him and alternately criticise his final ball/giving it away too much.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How many on here said that McSmudger was not getting the service last season,the service was fine the problem was the strikers,and gus did f*** all about it

Killed your own argument dead there. Strikers? When did we ever play with strikers?
A striker, yes. But never strikers....... (unless they were playing in midfield or out wide)

CMS is way good enough for us. We just need to play to his strength, and a lone striker is not that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here