Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non Season Ticket Holders Unite - Ticket Plans For Next Season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Apologies for starting it!

Not really, it's been interesting I think and the season ticket exchange system is one thing that unites both STH and Non STH - hope the club do the right thing and aren't blinded by their success at flogging so many season tickets this year.

Demand for Amex tickets also creates another situation of course - Brighton fans buying tickets in the away end. Won't be fun but if it's the only way I'll get to a game there next season I'd do it.

Its not aimed at you, it started as a good thread about they ways that non-STH's can get tickets but has ended up with STH's whining that they can't sell their ticket if they can't go. They're still at it as well. I can see why it would be a good benefit to have, and fair enough that the point is raised once but did they really need to hijack this thread, makes little difference to the people this thread was initially aimed at.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its not aimed at you, it started as a good thread about they ways that non-STH's can get tickets but has ended up with STH's whining that they can't sell their ticket if they can't go. They're still at it as well. I can see why it would be a good benefit to have, and fair enough that the point is raised once but did they really need to hijack this thread, makes little difference to the people this thread was initially aimed at.

Eh? It potentially makes ALL the difference. Don't you see that exactly that problem being solved could mean the difference between YOU having a ticket for a match or not? It's entirely relevant to your interests.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Eh? If we can't SELL them, then YOU can't BUY them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I dunno why you're getting narky, the thread hasn't been hijacked at all. The OP concluded his initial post with:

1000 home tickets is fair enough.
Sounds like most season ticket holders (unless they bought a private seat licence) will only be able to exchange their seat using NSC. Seeing as the season ticket is (unless I'm imagining it) a card isn't that going to be a bit tricky?

...and the thread conversation has carried on from there.
I can't see too much "whining" on here either - just genuine concerns being voiced about how the club are going to facilitate the exchange of tickets. Its an important issue, and one that is deserving of a good "airing" I think.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

My direct debit is £32 a month. I'll go to 90% of the Saturday games and about 50% of the evening games. I don't give a shit about recouping £15 a game for the 4 or 5 games I miss, but I don't want my seat to be empty, and nor should the club. Every empty seat is wasted money that would have been spent on a burger / beer / programme etc, and potential future revenue from new fans. But I'm not going to give my card to someone I don't know, so there is a high chance my seat will end up empty a couple of times when none of my friends / family can go instead.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But remember, the card will hold ALL the season's games on it. So not just an individual paper tricket for an individual match will be exchanged. Your WHOLE season ticket will have to be exchanged. Best be sure, it comes back...........

That was my point, it won't be given to the person who is using it for one match, it would be given to the friends I go with and they will look after it. They'll meet up with my replacement and swipe the card for them, or give it to them and get it back right away, so that when I go to the following match with those friends they will have the ticket.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've only just read through this thread (alright, skim-read it), and I have come to one main conclusion.

I have absolutely no f***ing idea whatsoever in the world what that Fighter Command chap is on about. Each post appears to be just the little bit more divorced from reality than the previous one. Does he not do the 'people' thing?

That is all.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Eh? It potentially makes ALL the difference. Don't you see that exactly that problem being solved could mean the difference between YOU having a ticket for a match or not? It's entirely relevant to your interests.

Eh? If we can't SELL them, then YOU can't BUY them.

I dunno why you're getting narky, the thread hasn't been hijacked at all. I can't see too much "whining" on here either - just genuine concerns being voiced about how the club are going to facilitate the exchange of tickets. Its an important issue, and one that is deserving of a good "airing" I think.

My direct debit is £32 a month. I'll go to 90% of the Saturday games and about 50% of the evening games. I don't give a shit about recouping £15 a game for the 4 or 5 games I miss, but I don't want my seat to be empty, and nor should the club. Every empty seat is wasted money that would have been spent on a burger / beer / programme etc, and potential future revenue from new fans. But I'm not going to give my card to someone I don't know, so there is a high chance my seat will end up empty a couple of times when none of my friends / family can go instead.

Hi everyone. Sorry for being narky. I reacted to the disgust being aired that STH's wouldn't be able to sell their tickets as if it was somehow an affront to them. This whole thread is built around the idea that every Brighton game next season would be a 22,000 sell-out if you could transfer your tickets - I just can't believe that.

As for my point that this won't affect non-STH - I strongly agree with this. If Man Utd are in town the available tickets will sell out quickly - but you won't be wanting to sell your ticket. And if its a night game in November against Hull and you (and 5000 other STH's) want to sell your ticket on - well there will still be tickets available from the club.

The way I see it is that the marquee games will always sell out and everything else will be easy to get a ticket for. The club knows who goes to Withdean and who has bought season tickets, I imagine they are aware that there is not a big pool of people left to buy tickets on a game-by-game basis. I expect that after a few games there will always be tickets available on a pay-as-you-go basis from the club - maybe not by Saturday lunchtime, but certainly in good time. Somewhere in Fighter Command's ramblings is a sensible point - the Club clearly thinks it will make more money by selling all its available tickets and selling a few PSL's, than it will make from increased merchandise revenue by allowing STH's to give their ticket away and having some of its own tickets left unsold. There is a reason they have decided to put all your tickets on a single smart card, perhaps its because they were fed up with non-STH holders using them whilst the club couldn't sell all their tickets

On a more practical note, how will the club be able to cope with this kind of ticket exchange system? Come November, unless we're right up the top of the table, there will be 2, 3, perhaps 4,000 empty season ticket seats every game, and there's no way there will be that kind of demand for game-by-game tickets. We're not Fulham playing premier league opposition every game. hopefully one day

Anyway time will tell

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
this. I don't want empty seats around me when I'm there and I don't want my seat to be empty when I'm not. Simple as that. It detracts from the atmosphere, the club's income and the whole matchday experience.

I've only just read through this thread (alright, skim-read it), and I have come to one main conclusion.

I have absolutely no f***ing idea whatsoever in the world what that Fighter Command chap is on about. Each post appears to be just the little bit more divorced from reality than the previous one. Does he not do the 'people' thing?

That is all.
Same here, TLO, he might as well be posting in Swahili, the sense that it makes. Is he insuating that he's an accountant? I'm glad he's not my accountant!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The way I see it is that the marquee games will always sell out and everything else will be easy to get a ticket for. The club knows who goes to Withdean and who has bought season tickets, I imagine they are aware that there is not a big pool of people left to buy tickets on a game-by-game basis. I expect that after a few games there will always be tickets available on a pay-as-you-go basis from the club - maybe not by Saturday lunchtime, but certainly in good time. Somewhere in Fighter Command's ramblings is a sensible point - the Club clearly thinks it will make more money by selling all its available tickets and selling a few PSL's, than it will make from increased merchandise revenue by allowing STH's to give their ticket away and having some of its own tickets left unsold. There is a reason they have decided to put all your tickets on a single smart card, perhaps its because they were fed up with non-STH holders using them whilst the club couldn't sell all their tickets

You're looking at this totally wrong.

If there ISN'T a ticket resale scheme, then I WILL give my three tickets away, to a friend or aquiantance, and the club will NOT sell those people tickets.

If a scheme IS in place, then I will always click the buttons to make my seats available for resale. The club will only sell them if the remaining seats are indeed sold out, but the scheme, will have taken my seats off the 'black market' (given away in reality), thus INCREASING the chances of the other seats selling.

And on your first point - if I can't go beacuse of work commitments, it will be because I CAN'T go. Whether the game is Palace on a Saturday, or Barnsley on a Tuesday isn't relevant. There will be SOME people who simply can't go, whatever the opponents.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
On a more practical note, how will the club be able to cope with this kind of ticket exchange system? Come November, unless we're right up the top of the table, there will be 2, 3, perhaps 4,000 empty season ticket seats every game, and there's no way there will be that kind of demand for game-by-game tickets. We're not Fulham playing premier league opposition every game. hopefully one day

It's not that hard, Arsenal manage it with a 60,000 capacity so we should be able to manage it with a 22,000 one.

Cadiz do it in Spain, if you cant make the game at the weekend then you have until Wednesday to let the club know, they give you a 50% refund on your ticket for that game and produce a paper ticket for your seat which goes on sale on the Wednesday afternoon. Easy.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
There are loads of people whining at me but I've got broad shoulders.

For the record I DO NOT HAVE a PSL and I DO NOT intend to sell my season ticket, even if I cannot get to a game.

( Phew, that should cover me incase the club want to give me a banning order for breaking ground regs ).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There are loads of people whining at me but I've got broad shoulders.

For the record I DO NOT HAVE a PSL and I DO NOT intend to sell my season ticket, even if I cannot get to a game.

( Phew, that should cover me incase the club want to give me a banning order for breaking ground regs ).

So if there are 2,000 empty seats at one of the sold out games -10% as was often the case at withdean- we can lay some of the blame on you?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So if there are 2,000 empty seats at one of the sold out games -10% as was often the case at withdean- we can lay some of the blame on you?

It's all if's buts and maybe's at the moment though isn't it. I still don't think that there will be this level of absenteeism. I think most people who cannot attend will have a friend or family member they trust that they can pass the ticket on to and most seats will be full.

Using the Withdean figures is simply not comparing like with like, the stadium and quality of opponent are a far more atttractive next season, providing a greater incentive for ST holders to attend and for their mates to badger them for use of it, if they cannot use it.

I too will not be selling my ST if i cannot attend a friend can have it for free.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I already know I wont be able to make some of the games due to work and most of the people I know who would want to go to Albion games have a season ticket aswell. Unless I can find someone who wants to go and who I trust there will be an empty seat for some games.

Probably why you see so many empty seats on the tele !!

On the subject of handing over your smart card with credit, would you hand over a credit card to a stranger ??

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
If there are lots of season ticket and non season ticket holders on NSC then surely this 'community' can generate some trust...if you f*ck someone over everyone on here would know about it, you'd only be able to do it once... We were looking at getting 2 season tickets between 4 of us as we all live miles away from Brighton now, other commitments etc but missed out. I would hope there is a chance that I would be able to make contact with some NSC STHs and work out a way to buy a couple of matchday tickets from them every now and then, when they are unable to attend games and I know i'm home for the weekend or something. The swipe card thing is difficult but you could agree to post it back to them the day after a game recorded delivery, pick up from another ticket holder attending the game, something like that...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That is the long-term aim, but from what I've heard it sounds like that won't be up and running from the start. They are looking at bringing that in though.

Adding credit on to a smartcard is quite simple either online or handing over cash at a kiosk/top up point within or outside the stadium.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adding credit on to a smartcard is quite simple either online or handing over cash at a kiosk/top up point within or outside the stadium.

I'm sure it is.
Its just I seem to remember MP saying about it being something they are intending to introduce, but it won't be up and running from the start. Maybe it was on the Albion Roar when MP and Ken were on a few weeks back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here