Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-League Day This Saturday (3rd September)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The day when fans of professional clubs (particularly PL and CCC who have no games because of the international break) are encourage to go and watch a non-league game:

Non League Day

Some clubs have special promotions offering reduced admission for league club STHs. Can't see anything like that locally though.

I'm tempted by Shoreham v Lancing in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup. One of the localest (in terms of teams' proximity to each other) derbies taking place on the day, given extra spice by Lancing having turned them over 3-0 at their place Saturday just gone in whatever league they're in. Does anyone know if the clubhouse at Shoreham FC does real ale? That would swing it for me.

Anyone else taking in a non-league game on Saturday?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Lewes, Crawley and Wimbledon are all playing at home on Sat (Yes, I know 2 of those are not non-league but just saying, like) in case you need your football fix.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Hastings offering free admission to league club STHs (£5 entry at Horsham). No other deals.

Blue Square Bet South
Eastbourne Borough v Havant & Waterlooville

Ryman Premier
Hastings United v Carshalton Athletic* FREE
Horsham v Margate* £5

FA Cup Preliminary Round
Bognor Regis Town v Camberley Town
Crawley Down v Farnham Town
Shoreham v Lancing
Whitehawk v Ramsgate

Sussex County League Div 1
Crowborough Athletic v Pagham
Hassocks v East Grinstead Town
Ringmer v Horsham YMCA
St Francis Rangers v Sidley United
Three Bridges v AFC Uckfield

Sussex County League Div 2
Hailsham Town v East Preston
Littlehampton Town v Seaford Town
Midhurst & Easebourne v Dorking Wanderers
Mile Oak v Wick
Oakwood v Eastbourne United AFC
Rustington v Steyning Town
Southwick v Bexhill United

Sussex County League Div 3
Barnham v Rottingdean Village
Broadridge Heath v Hurstpierpoint
Clymping v Roffey
Forest v Bosham
Newhaven v Ferring
TD Shipley v Pease Pottage Village
Uckfield Town v Ifield Edwards

Sussex County League Cup
Little Common v Chichester City
Storrington v Rye United
Westfield v Worthing United

Last edited:

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Hastings United is always cheap, a mate of mine worked in the club's Study Support Centre for 2 years, when all East Sussex football clubs were working together providing adult education to their communities, always got half-price tickets for all my workmates cos they used to see them in the weekends for days out. I remember them winning the Dr Marten's Western Division in 2001-2002 and a mate of mine at work gave me this question.

"Which of these are the odd ones out?, Hastings, Leeds, Man United and Liverpool?".... "Hastings, because they were the only ones last season to win a trophy".

mmmm......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whitehawk v Ramsgate in FA Cup prelim round could feature ex Albion players for the Hawks - Paul Armstrong , Stuart Tuck , Chris Winterton , Josh Jones , Sam Gargan , Andrew Pearson , Ryan Thomson plus Kebab's younger brother Sami. Darren Freeman who scored a hat trick in the 1st Albion league game at Withdean is the Hawks manager.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Darren Freeman who scored a hat trick in the 1st Albion league game at Withdean is the Hawks manager.

Have we actually got to a stage where there are people on here who need to be told who Darren Freeman is?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taking Mini to Eastbourne to play Adventure Golf

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The day when fans of professional clubs (particularly PL and CCC who have no games because of the international break) are encourage to go and watch a non-league game:

Non League Day

Some clubs have special promotions offering reduced admission for league club STHs. Can't see anything like that locally though.

I'm tempted by Shoreham v Lancing in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup. One of the localest (in terms of teams' proximity to each other) derbies taking place on the day, given extra spice by Lancing having turned them over 3-0 at their place Saturday just gone in whatever league they're in. Does anyone know if the clubhouse at Shoreham FC does real ale? That would swing it for me.

The clubhouse is more a portacabin from memory and I know I have had a drink in there but cannot remember if it was real ale or not (long time ago).

However its not far from the train station and not too much of a deviation to visit the fine Duke of Wellington pub and its fine ales, may even have some good live music on as well.

The Duke of Wellington - Shoreham, Sussex

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The clubhouse is more a portacabin from memory and I know I have had a drink in there but cannot remember if it was real ale or not (long time ago).

However its not far from the train station and not too much of a deviation to visit the fine Duke of Wellington pub and its fine ales, may even have some good live music on as well.

The Duke of Wellington - Shoreham, Sussex
Ta for the clubhouse info. The landlord and landlady of the Welly are mates of mine and popping in there is part of the game's appeal. May have to try and hide a Dark Star carryout jug about my person if the clubhouse is just a Fosters zone.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.

Non League Day

Shoreham Football Club didn't have real ale on last year, just some smoothflow crap (Worthington's) if i remember rightly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here