Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-League Day This Saturday (3rd September)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not sure why some Brighton fans seem to think non-league is beneath them. Personally I think there's something really compelling about standing up at a game, in crowd of a few hundred, watching some honest hoofers at close range. It's a completely different experience to the thrill of watching BHA at the Amex, but if you love football it's a great afternoon or evening out - and Sussex has no shortage of non league clubs that are welcoming, well run and which could do with some extra income from casual fans.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not sure why some Brighton fans seem to think non-league is beneath them. Personally I think there's something really compelling about standing up at a game, in crowd of a few hundred, watching some honest hoofers at close range. It's a completely different experience to the thrill of watching BHA at the Amex, but if you love football it's a great afternoon or evening out - and Sussex has no shortage of non league clubs that are welcoming, well run and which could do with some extra income from casual fans.

I concur. Hat off to you sir.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

I agree it's a great day to take in some lower league football. If I was not a Crawley on Saturday to see what all the fuss is about I would be over watching the mighty Westfield, as I did this Monday with no Brighton on to watch the parishers draw away at little common! Can't beat a beat of county two football watching the yellow and greens

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Horsham Football Club will be playing their part by offering holders of season tickets for Premier League, Championship and Football League sides the opportunity to watch our Ryman League match against Margate for half-price. Simply present your season ticket at the turnstiles and pay just £5 for adult admission, with Under 16s admitted for just £1. You will be assured of a warm welcome, with a fully licensed bar and catering facilities en-site.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Horsham Football Club will be playing their part by offering holders of season tickets for Premier League, Championship and Football League sides the opportunity to watch our Ryman League match against Margate for half-price. Simply present your season ticket at the turnstiles and pay just £5 for adult admission, with Under 16s admitted for just £1. You will be assured of a warm welcome, with a fully licensed bar and catering facilities en-site.

I'll be there for £5, might even take the family for a treat! I often get along to the odd game at Horsham when not at Brighton!

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
Hastings as said is free to STH's of league clubs (need to show proof) but also will be £5.00 to all others and free entry for kids.

Am going along on Saturday and will be dragging along the kids and in-laws with me. Yeah it's no great shakes as a ground or team but it beats shopping or whatever else could have been thought up for me for the afternoon :p

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

Interesting as my home town (Horsham) are playing the town of my birth (Margate) haven't been since the Cup run of a few years ago but might pop down.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Amen that. I was on the committee at Horsham for a while, back in the late 90's, (the Gillingham years), and derived a great deal of satisfaction from helping out behind the scenes. Come on you Hornets!.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting as my home town (Horsham) are playing the town of my birth (Margate) haven't been since the Cup run of a few years ago but might pop down.

They play their home games at Gorings Mead now remember (home of Horsham YMCA), not their old beloved Queen Street as per the days of theiir epiic FA Cup run. I wouldnt want you visiting a housing estate now would l?.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Please credit me with a modicum of intelligence! Yes I know QS is no more and that the Hornets now play at GM after a season in Worthing.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Hastings offering free admission to league club STHs (£5 entry at Horsham). No other deals.

Blue Square Bet South
Eastbourne Borough v Havant & Waterlooville

Ryman Premier
Hastings United v Carshalton Athletic* FREE
Horsham v Margate* £5

FA Cup Preliminary Round
Bognor Regis Town v Camberley Town
Crawley Down v Farnham Town
Shoreham v Lancing
Whitehawk v Ramsgate

Sussex County League Div 1
Crowborough Athletic v Pagham
Hassocks v East Grinstead Town
Ringmer v Horsham YMCA
St Francis Rangers v Sidley United
Three Bridges v AFC Uckfield

Sussex County League Div 2
Hailsham Town v East Preston
Littlehampton Town v Seaford Town
Midhurst & Easebourne v Dorking Wanderers
Mile Oak v Wick
Oakwood v Eastbourne United AFC
Rustington v Steyning TownSouthwick v Bexhill United

Sussex County League Div 3
Barnham v Rottingdean Village
Broadridge Heath v Hurstpierpoint
Clymping v Roffey
Forest v Bosham
Newhaven v Ferring
TD Shipley v Pease Pottage Village
Uckfield Town v Ifield Edwards

Sussex County League Cup
Little Common v Chichester City
Storrington v Rye United
Westfield v Worthing United

Go to this!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Please credit me with a modicum of intelligence! Yes I know QS is no more and that the Hornets now play at GM after a season in Worthing.

Hey l'm sorry!, only trying to be helpful! lol, sometimes your damned if you do, and damned if you dont on this site.

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
Sussex has loads of good sides in non-league all worth going to see. Lewes are having a good season, Tonbridge Angels are in the Conf South, Hastings United do play well if they actually try, Rye United had a brilliant season last time round, there's a lot of non-league opportunites in the county, although I still miss St Leonards Stamcroft, otherwise once known as STAMCO.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
They play their home games at Gorings Mead now remember (home of Horsham YMCA), not their old beloved Queen Street as per the days of theiir epiic FA Cup run. I wouldnt want you visiting a housing estate now would l?.

A quick pint in the Queens Head before the game and a stroll up to the ground around 2.45pm. Sorted. Even my 12 year old daughter has intimated (for the first time ever) that she might tag along to see what all the fuss is about. Might be half price on the gate for me but she'll cost me a few quid in burgers and drinks, so bang goes my cheap footy match!

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell

Was there on Monday for the game against Lewes. ground certainly different from your old home which can sadly be seen from this ground with houses on. Any news when you may get your own ground or are you here for the long term. Still its got to be better than going to Worthing for home games.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bumped in case anyone's twiddling their thumbs and trying to think of an excuse not to go shopping with the wife/husband/lodger this afternoon.

Horsham's half price entry for league STHs (and the fact it's much quicker on the train than I'd thought, just 40 mins) has swung it for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here