Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Non-fanatics buying season tickets

KBEES

Jul 26, 2011
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Since we've moved to the Falmer there has been a sale of 17,000 season tickets - that's more than Leeds have sold. Where have all these people come from? They weren't around in League One

These people will kill the famous Brighton atmosphere with their prawn sandwiches and jester hats in true NF style - agree?

FKTS

18,500 and who knows , maybe they will add to it - we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
yeah, I agree with the clear JCL above - 1 post and joined in July 2011

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
some people like myself have been fans for years, but never could get a ST at the withdean. Now thanks to Falmer, i have been able to get one... Happy Days

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"famous Brighton atmosphere"?

when/where was that then? Away games apart there was rarely an atmosphere at Withdean unless it was somnolence.

It is one among many elements that will only be improved by our move to a new home.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
ST holder at Goldstone lad. I also know the secret as to why we hate Palace so much (not many fanatics do!)

FKTS

I was only joking mate. I'm all for any new fans, and even those who disappeared in the Gillingham and Withdean era. A full ground full of voice is my only wish.

To be honest though, some true colours will be shown for the Gillingham game; second game in and I will expect Withdean numbers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A very large number of new STHs at The Amex are JCBs , although there maybe a few JCLs taking a punt on buying a ST to get first dibs of a future ST to watch Premier League action.

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
i think we may lose a few st holders next season but i dont have a problem if a load of new fans jump on board as long as there in it long term.i couldnt get a season ticket due to redundancy feb and some tough descisions had to be made.frustrating yes but thats life

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Without these supporters you would not have seen lua lua back, the signings of hoskins, buckley and mackhail-smith at our club if these season tickets had not been sold, with open arms welcome to brighton and hove albion.....welcome to the amex!!!!!:clap:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
couldn't give a shit where 18k ST holders have come from. If there's that many people showing a practical interest in the Albion by committing to 23 games this season, that's good enough for me

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

FKTS

Should we kick them out and give them their money back?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
NF style? I think it is being understated as to how many season ticket holders at Amex are long term Brighton fans.

Not everyone was able to commit to a season ticket at Withdean. One big selling point of Amex is the ability to pay monthly. The team is on the up and one is unlikely to get soaked in most parts of the ground.

Besides. There is no famous atmosphere to kill and I don't see how a stadium with more fans is going to make less noise than one that is a third full.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here