Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nominations for NSC's favourite TV Detective...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oooh do tell me more - who is going to play Inspector Grace, who is to play the lovely Cleo and how will they afford Johnny Depp to play my part?

Which part are you then Mr Potting? And for Cleo?

Peter's blog Tuesday, July 29, 2008 Roy Grace - The Television Series! I am delighted to be able to tell you that last week I signed a deal with ITV Productions for the Roy Grace television series. I'm even more pleased to say that I think the screen future of Roy Grace is in the best possible hands, because the production team is my dream ticket. I am co-executive producing with Keith Richardson, Controller of Drama for Yorkshire Granada and then ITV Productions for the past 20 years. He originally made his name with Harry's Game, and has been responsible for some the most successful drama series of the past two decades, including Emmerdale Farm and Heartbeat. Among his many awards is the Royal Television Society Outstanding Contribution to Television Award, won in 2006. The Roy Grace series producer will be Ken Horn, whose numerous credits include The Royal, Against All Odds, Dr Who, The Street and The Marchioness Disaster. The series will start with Dead Simple followed by the rest of the Roy Grace novels, with further fresh stories which I will then create. The scripts are being written by a wonderfully talented television writer, Neil McKay - some of you may have seen his dramatisation last year of the Moors Murders story, See No Evil,which won him a BAFTA. Like Keith Richardson and Ken Horn, Neil has a vast background of television experience, his credits including Titanic, Birth of a Legend, Planespotting, Heartbeat, Holby City, Dunkirk, Wall of Silence and many others. No dates are set for production yet and there are still many hoops to go through. ITVP is still in discussions over the length of each book - whether a single two-hour slot, or two or three one-hour slots shown on consecutive nights, but eventually aims to make the programmes part of a long-running series, if they appeal to viewers. As part of his reason for making the deal, Keith Richardson made the following comment: "Peter's created a very interesting character in Roy Grace. Here's a detective who is investigating other people's murdered daughters and missing wives, and he himself has a wife who has disappeared and he doesn't know if she is dead or just missing. It's the one thing that gives him humanity and an extra dimension to other [TV] detectives." As yet we have made no decisions about casting - and I would welcome suggestions, on this blog, from you about not just Roy Grace, but any of the other regular characters. posted by Peter James at 3:48 PM

Oct 2, 2008
I am amazed that the following have not yet been mentioned:

Neil Pearson in Between the Lines (forget the charachter name)
and the excellent Mark Womack as Cally in Liverpool 1

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
clouseau.gif

Another forgotten one.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
:thumbsup: Bunk from the BEST crime drama EVER

"Jimmy! Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy! Shit is f***ed!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfZRUStrX30
"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big dick"

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: [types in "Peanut" in database] 89? And that's just the ones with Westside addresses.
Det. Vernon Holley: Man, you got to narrow that shit down. Find some way to work with all them "Peanuts."
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Motherfucker, do I look like George Washington Carver?

:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here