Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noise

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I really want the North Stand to be really noisy, I really do. But today lads you were poor. WSU was far louder at times and I think next season people should relocate to nearer the away fans.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
West Stand massively outsung the North Stand listening to the radio , also sounds like they now have a bit of competition from the East Stand :lol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I really want the North Stand to be really noisy, I really do. But today lads you were poor. WSU was far louder at times and I think next season people should relocate to nearer the away fans.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

I have said before, the acustics (?sp) are not as good as was promised, all the noise goes out not sideways. Most of the North sing for 90% of the game and most of the time its very loud if you are in the North.

Of course WSU is going to be louder there are 1,000's more poeple there. WSU were much better than two weeks ago though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well, from where i'm sat (north centre) it's pretty rawkus and the WSU is like a morgue ! But I'm sure if your WSU it sounds loud up there and deathly quiet in the North!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What is the atmospere like in general by listening on the radio?
It sounds really great, at times you drown out the commentators to an extent. The West wins 'the battle of the stands' chant usually, but that's to be expected given the numbers.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
FFs Is this seriously going to happen every week! We're all BHA whether your a singer,prawn sandwhicher,new fan,top lad or Someone who just liked sitting and watching the footie!!!!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I have said before, the acustics (?sp) are not as good as was promised, all the noise goes out not sideways. Most of the North sing for 90% of the game and most of the time its very loud if you are in the North.

Of course WSU is going to be louder there are 1,000's more poeple there. WSU were much better than two weeks ago though.

Yup, that is the way of it. Of COURSE the West Stand is going to be louder when people there sing - it has 11,000 people in it! We're just left of the goal in the North, and the noise was good for 85-90% of the game. Bit of a lull just after half time, but that's normal. On another note, good to welcome Albion legend and song leader Krispies to his first Amex game (I believe). Quite funny that we had to teach him one of the songs :lol:

seagull33

Apr 6, 2010
and I have still got my willy out !!

Still waggling it all the way home !!!

FFS we all support the same team , does it really matter ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yup, that is the way of it. Of COURSE the West Stand is going to be louder when people there sing - it has 11,000 people in it! We're just left of the goal in the North, and the noise was good for 85-90% of the game. Bit of a lull just after half time, but that's normal. On another note, good to welcome Albion legend and song leader Krispies to his first Amex game (I believe). Quite funny that we had to teach him one of the songs :lol:

No attempt of "Bright Eyes" in a folksong stylee ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and I have still got my willy out !!

Still waggling it all the way home !!!

FFS we all support the same team , does it really matter ???

At the Goldstone in the North Stand it would have been embarrassing to be outsung by the West Stand regulars puffing on their cigars and taking a swig from hip flasks :laugh:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I thought in the first half the WSU was actually louder than it had been for Donny, which was awesome. North also sounded very strong but faded away a little.

In fact halfway through the first half WSU was trying to get the North to join in the West stand/North stand chant without much success. Took several attempts and much jeering before they finally sparked back into life. Not sure why that was. Perhaps the wind was knocked out of their sails by the away fans singing the "ultras" song, which I have to admit did make me chuckle.

All in all, a great atmosphere when everyone joined in, and thankfully less of the "stand up if you hate Palace" chant that most people don't seem to enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here