Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noise

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I thought in the first half the WSU was actually louder than it had been for Donny, which was awesome. North also sounded very strong but faded away a little.

In fact halfway through the first half WSU was trying to get the North to join in the West stand/North stand chant without much success. Took several attempts and much jeering before they finally sparked back into life. Not sure why that was. Perhaps the wind was knocked out of their sails by the away fans singing the "ultras" song, which I have to admit did make me chuckle.

All in all, a great atmosphere when everyone joined in, and thankfully less of the "stand up if you hate Palace" chant that most people don't seem to enjoy.

From the back of the North I heard neither of the things you mention. Just me, or am I going deaf at 21?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think the East Stand Chants put eveyone off. The first time I heard them I looked over at them, and then heard the South Stand cheering the first goal!

The East stand singing must have jinxed us! Don't do it agin!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought in the first half the WSU was actually louder than it had been for Donny, which was awesome. North also sounded very strong but faded away a little.

In fact halfway through the first half WSU was trying to get the North to join in the West stand/North stand chant without much success. Took several attempts and much jeering before they finally sparked back into life. Not sure why that was. Perhaps the wind was knocked out of their sails by the away fans singing the "ultras" song, which I have to admit did make me chuckle.

All in all, a great atmosphere when everyone joined in, and thankfully less of the "stand up if you hate Palace" chant that most people don't seem to enjoy.

I agree WSU was better than two weeks ago, you cannot really hear the away supporters songs from the north.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
From the back of the North I heard neither of the things you mention. Just me, or am I going deaf at 21?

Sounds as if the noise just doesn't travel then. I sit right at the south end of the WSU so the first attempts at starting the West stand/North stand chant may just have been up my end. If you didn't hear the Blackpool fans singing the "ultras" song then it's definitely a problem with the sound carrying because they were quite loud where I was sat.

Still a cracking atmosphere regardless

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

I think its down to the accoustics and general buzz of people talking etc around the ground drowning out a lot of the North stand noise and probably vice versa.

I'm in the West Upper, towards the South stand and the noise from the North stand does seem a bit muted at times and sometimes its only when a lot of people join in that you can hear them properly, such as the north stand of the Albion chant, usually i can only hear the 'The Sea, The Sea, The Sea and the woah -oh -oh- ooh' part of it

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Since the Amex opened and from where I sit in the south end of the East Stand the West sounds far louder than the North, by a long way. The North sing more often but when the West gets going it is f***ing LOUD

I was in the west stand and I thought the North Stand did us proud.The whole stadium was rocking and i think the acoustics are fantastic.I`ve been watching Brighton for nearly forty years and was old North Stander and I don`t care how people exagerate about `the good ol` days`,this is the best it`s ever been.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
West Stand massively outsung the North Stand listening to the radio , also sounds like they now have a bit of competition from the East Stand :lol:
When the East Stand started singing we conceded the first goal! Never do that again.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
i really want the north stand to be really noisy, i really do. But today lads you were poor. Wsu was far louder at times and i think next season people should relocate to nearer the away fans.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things south london .....hd
who cares.the atmosphere is fantastic,North,east west take a bow.
West stand 13,000,North stand 3000 doesn't take much working out does it.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
North stand today was terrible(atleast around me) I kept trying to join in with the songs being start over on the right side but no around me ever joined in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here