Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no virgo retractions then?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
unsurprisingly, having just reviewed various reports and interviews on yesterday's game all of which seemed to have Adam Virgo as at least one of our best, not a single retraction of any of the short sighted vitriol and rumours aimed at our erstwhile skipper, just typical.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
unsurprisingly, having just reviewed various reports and interviews on yesterday's game all of which seemed to have Adam Virgo as at least one of our best, not a single retraction of any of the short sighted vitriol and rumours aimed at our erstwhile skipper, just typical.

what were you expecting on this board? no one has offered an apology to graeme smith for calling him 'sunday league at best' when hibernian clearly feel otherwise

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
what were you expecting on this board? no one has offered an apology to graeme smith for calling him 'sunday league at best' when hibernian clearly feel otherwise
nothing really, just felt I needed to say something....

From what I'm reading Gus seems to be turning things around nicely now with the same squad who now seem to all want to play for their spots. Throw in a few nex w faces and everyone will really keep on their toes - a successful 2010 awaits us I reckon....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surely you're past the point of expecting balanced comments from most of the people on NSC rcf0712? Delighted he had a good game and even happier if he gets his mojo back under Gus and stays.

(Sadly, I wasn't one of the people who slagged him off, so still no retractions I'm afraid)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
nothing really, just felt I needed to say something....

From what I'm reading Gus seems to be turning things around nicely now with the same squad who now seem to all want to play for their spots. Throw in a few nex w faces and everyone will really keep on their toes - a successful 2010 awaits us I reckon....

Nail on the head. Serious competition is hopefully the boost our underperforming squad need. I still don't think Virgo is the answer in that position, but will concede that he got plaudits yesterday, lets hope he can do it on a consistent level for however long he has left at the club.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008

We are 5th from bottom in the league, he has been rubbish since hhe returned from Celtic but we must forget that because we did not concede against er Torquay? No mate, he deserved to be dropped, deserved to lose the captaincy and he has one hell of alot to prove if he wants to get into our promotion chasing squad next year. Now that is not vitriolic its just fair comment. Also sounded like he was out of position again for the booking ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

You did this exact same thing after the Wycombe game, claiming everyone should apologise to Murray and how he is now God etc etc.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

One game proves nothing.

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
We are 5th from bottom in the league, he has been rubbish since hhe returned from Celtic but we must forget that because we did not concede against er Torquay? No mate, he deserved to be dropped, deserved to lose the captaincy and he has one hell of alot to prove if he wants to get into our promotion chasing squad next year. Now that is not vitriolic its just fair comment. Also sounded like he was out of position again for the booking ?
indeed it is, it's a case of if the cap fits wear it really.....

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
You did this exact same thing after the Wycombe game, claiming everyone should apologise to Murray and how he is now God etc etc.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

One game proves nothing.
proves nothing indeed, but IMHO it's a good thing to have both Virgo and Murray in the team playing well.....

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
proves nothing indeed, but IMHO it's a good thing to have both Virgo and Murray in the team playing well.....

It has never been about ability of the players (possible exception of Smith) as far as I can see, it has been about whether they are performing as they can and should. To a large extent this must be their attitude, and how the manager is asking them to play, all the sounds are that these things are getting better with Gus, but we have a long way to go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two things.
1) This is a discussion board for all things Albion.
2) He's clearly been utter crap all season, and wasn't very good last season either. How dare anyone suggest he's not very good eh...you sanctimoneous tosser.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Two things.
1) This is a discussion board for all things Albion.
2) He's clearly been utter crap all season, and wasn't very good last season either. How dare anyone suggest he's not very good eh...you sanctimoneous tosser.

nail on the head. Maybe they are a sensitive little didums of a relative of a player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He played well yesterday in what IMO is his best position. He played well last season when Slade moved him there. If he continues like he did yesterday I will be delighted.

As for the booking..........typical centre half challenge, we've had plenty of those this season from El Abd, Elphick, Tunni and Virgs........but at least I was there to witness it.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
He played well yesterday in what IMO is his best position. He played well last season when Slade moved him there. If he continues like he did yesterday I will be delighted.

As for the booking..........typical centre half challenge, we've had plenty of those this season from El Abd, Elphick, Tunni and Virgs........but at least I was there to witness it.

so will all of us El P. There is some people that think that fair comment is vitriolic abuse.ts not. Virgo has not been good enough and was dropped for a reason. The team has not been good enough given the money we have spent, hence we are 5th from bottom. All that is fair comment and the players, their wags and mothers should stop taking offence. Players cannot hide behind their mothers petticoats. They are paid t play ad deliver and they have failed to deliver this and last season. Now is Virgo good enough to be n a promotion winning side? He has it all to prove, but its up to him to do so

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No one here is the celebrity they believe themselves to be, so worry little of their latest sales or dip in ticket purchase for their run of summer concerts in parks and promenades due to their OUTRAGEOUS statements. So they won't apologise for saying something they stupidly thought one day. In the case of the Virgs it's been a longterm slagging off session, but his performances have partly deserved the onslaught from the shouty-mouthed ones on here. Best to ignore it. Even this message. Ignore this too.
Personally, i worry over a few things with Virgo, particularly his positional sense, more than likely because he's something of a jack-of-all-trades, master of none, and never been able to develop professionally in one position. Hope he proves good though. Good luck to him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
so will all of us El P. There is some people that think that fair comment is vitriolic abuse.ts not. Virgo has not been good enough and was dropped for a reason. The team has not been good enough given the money we have spent, hence we are 5th from bottom. All that is fair comment and the players, their wags and mothers should stop taking offence. Players cannot hide behind their mothers petticoats. They are paid t play ad deliver and they have failed to deliver this and last season. Now is Virgo good enough to be n a promotion winning side? He has it all to prove, but its up to him to do so

Would you therefore say Jamie that telling our back four to 'f*** off and die slowly' is fair comment?

In my book, if we play shit, then give them some grief, if we play well, then give them some praise, but try to keep it in perspective, it's only a game, and no matter how bad they are, they are still ten times better than us (Mickey Bennett and Ashley Neal excepted of course!)

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Would you therefore say Jamie that telling our back four to 'f*** off and die slowly' is fair comment?

In my book, if we play shit, then give them some grief, if we play well, then give them some praise, but try to keep it in perspective, it's only a game, and no matter how bad they are, they are still ten times better than us (Mickey Bennett and Ashley Neal excepted of course!)

No I would not, and who has said that? But then again, they play professional football in a working class sport and they do need to get a backbone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here