Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Vicente = Points

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Didn't he end up with the most assists last season under only limited playing time too? Maybe it's about the team finding the balance. I think with the superior RB, LB and GK plus Crofts (also superior) coming back having The Dags in the team may be a less overawing experience. They have Bridge, Bruno... Kuzczak all of whom have played with some of the best players in the world. And Crofts has played with Grant Holt. I mean, come on. Maybe there will be less awe and more realisation of the fact that this is our team, and less 'get it to Vicente' this term, which may have been a detriment.

But let's face it, whenever he was in the team this is what we all wanted to see too!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Alternatively just watch him play. It doesn't take a football genius to work out he is rather talented and attack minded.

I can watch the vids of him from last season on endless repeat.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I've made this point a few times before. If you've got a player who is totally fit, and you're playing whenever possible, such stats mean something. When you've got a player who you only play against tougher opposition (against whom we're less likely to get points) and routinely rest against weaker opposition (when we're more likely to get points), what do you think the stats tell you then?

Here's a hint: if your answer is anything other than "we only play him against stronger teams" or "we don't play him against weaker teams", you've got it wrong!

no when he plays in the team our results are generally bad - it has nothing to do with the opponents. I like vicente - but the stats bare out the fact that when he is in the team we our results are not good - perhaps its the game plan only of give it too vicente?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Think including last season so perhaps unfair,it looks better if he does not play,maybe the others feel overawed and not able to play their natural game,when he is on the pitch..

I think you have a point there. I believe too much goes through Vicente when he is on the pitch, great as he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here