Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

no vicente in the squad then perhaps he is injured again?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'd just like everyone accusing him of being a sick note to think what his motives might be?

Money? - No.
Put himself in the shop window? - Not doing a great job if that's the case
To get fit? - Nope - he could easily do that all by himself.
Burning desire to come to move to a country just to sit on the bench week in week out for a laugh? - must be!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Are we really in the position of just getting a few games opiut of him? It hardly smacks of value for money.

That depends on his wages, doesn't it? Tell me, do you think Tony Bloom is a fool? Do you think he's the kind of man to get screwed over when it comes to value for money?

Mar 13, 2008
We sign a player who 2/3 years ago was world class and spent most of last year out injured. We all knew this was a risk. I bet gus and tony knew it more than any of us. The risk hasnt paid off yet. Doesnt mean Vicente is mentally unstable, a fraudster or lazy. Just means he is having bad luck with injuries. If there was a high chance of getting 20+ games a season out of him he would have stayed in the spainish top flight or gone to the premiership, instead of a newly promoted champuionship team.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We sign a player who 2/3 years ago was world class and spent most of last year out injured. We all knew this was a risk. I bet gus and tony knew it more than any of us. The risk hasnt paid off yet. Doesnt mean Vicente is mentally unstable, a fraudster or lazy. Just means he is having bad luck with injuries. If there was a high chance of getting 20+ games a season out of him he would have stayed in the spainish top flight or gone to the premiership, instead of a newly promoted champuionship team.
this. And surely those of us who've seen him play can see why they took the risk? ??? :guitar: :albion2:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
That depends on his wages, doesn't it? Tell me, do you think Tony Bloom is a fool? Do you think he's the kind of man to get screwed over when it comes to value for money?

Of course he's not a fool, but neither is he a football expert, or a doctor, for that matter? He knows no more about Vicente's causes of injury than the rest of us. He is just relying on what the experts tell him, and as a gambling man, I expect he weighed up the odds and though it was worth a gamble if Vicente was ever fit enough to play. At this moment in time, like the rest of us, I would be surprised if he wasn't disappointed by Vicente's continuing injury problems.

With hindsight, it's easy to be wise, and clearly Valencia's management had had enough of Vicente and they weren't prepared to offer him any kind of contract extension. To me, that says it all, Valencia had seen him every day for years and had given up on him, and that is why he ended up at Brighton, lots of clubs may well have shown an interest, but no one else was prepared to offer Vicente a contract.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
People seem, to think that just because he was once world class we should feel lucky that he is sat in our doctor's surgery all day.

I don't agree, and we should ask him now if he thinks he'll be able to play at all in this half of the Season, if he's unsure then we should ask him to terminate his contract so we can use his fees to pick up someone else in January. If he's not in it for the money this shouldn't be a problem for him.

I don't have a problem with him, and I wish wish he would be able to play every game from not until April however if he's not we should really be looking to spend his fees elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd just like everyone accusing him of being a sick note to think what his motives might be?

Money? - No.
Put himself in the shop window? - Not doing a great job if that's the case
To get fit? - Nope - he could easily do that all by himself.
Burning desire to come to move to a country just to sit on the bench week in week out for a laugh? - must be!

You forget the fact he BARELY speaks English - he must be LOVING that!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Vicente starts five games between now and the end of the season, I will nail my bollocks to the kitchen table, drag it down to Brighton and drag it up and down the Palace Pier signing "my old man's a dustman".

One... :thumbsup:

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Did he not start a game earlier in the season. So I believe the counts is at least TWO.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

opps.:facepalm:.. didnt check the date of the original post. As you were. 1

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did he not start a game earlier in the season. So I believe the counts is at least TWO.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He started two earlier this season (Ipswich away, Hull at home) but they came before Kev's promise, so don't count. This is one start since Kev's vow.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Vicente starts five games between now and the end of the season, I will nail my bollocks to the kitchen table, drag it down to Brighton and drag it up and down the Palace Pier signing "my old man's a dustman".

Two...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
He wasn't on the bench against Saints....He wasn't on the pitch before the game with the other 15 players,,,,it was a look a like running down the touchline with a hat on......I still say he will never start another game for us.!!!!!

What with your prediction on who would start the game today and now seeing this comment about Vicente for the first time, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that your opinion is worth Jack Shit

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
What with your prediction on who would start the game today and now seeing this comment about Vicente for the first time, I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that your opinion is worth Jack Shit

Its far easier not to have an opinon and slag those off that do.Than to have one and stick your head on the line,only to be slagged off by those who have nothing to say until after the event...Opinons are like arseholes,everyones got one but few are prepaired to put theirs on the line...As for what you think, I dont give a shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here