Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No verdict in Jenkins trial

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well according to Sion the police have not bothered because they had it in for him all along but how hard can it be to spot a mental guy covered in blood who sticks bits of carrier bag up his nose?

and how come he has not reoffended?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I thought the police arrested a suspect and then let him go before Jenkins was prosecuted

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Richie Morris said:
Well according to Sion the police have not bothered because they had it in for him all along but how hard can it be to spot a mental guy covered in blood who sticks bits of carrier bag up his nose?

and how come he has not reoffended?

These questions can only be answered after a police investigation.

It would have been worth pursuing if only to disprove the defence's case.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Richie Morris said:
As I said earlier...read all about it in tomorrows Hastings Observer...

Nice sales pitch I'll recommend you to Mr Quinnell

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
He lied about his qualifications to get a job at William Parker school, which although not making him a murderer demonstrates his ability to be dishonest and stick to his story. Perhaps he is a fantasist who has convinced himself of his own guilt.
I found him to be shifty, quite sinister and he definitely relished in the power of his position at the school, wearing his black cloack at every opportunity. Again this does not make him a killer.
If he did not kill Billie Jo then who did? Why was this mysterious Mr X never charged and if there is some maniac who kills kids without a motive prowling the streets with a penchant for plastic bags why has he not struck again?
Most significantly, his wife Lois knew he did it and gave evidence against her husband. In my mind that is the crucial factor.
I know a TV reporter who has covered almost every minute of the three trials.
So convinced was he of Jenkins' guilt that last time I saw him he said he would leave the country if he walked free.
If someone pointed a gun at my head, asked me to say if he was guilty or not and said he would shoot me if I was wrong, I know which way I would go.
He was acquitted today but not found not guilty. His name has not been cleared, it is just that the evidence was not sufficient against him.
If a majority of the jury had reasonable doubt they would have gone not guilty.
They didn't, and a murderer is free.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
sussexfatboy said:
AND the police have said they are not looking for anyone else. They had their man but he slipped away.

What I said earlier about the Guildford 4 if the police believe that they have the right man, if he is not convicted they do not look for other possible suspects.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
sussexfatboy said:
AND the police have said they are not looking for anyone else. They had their man but he slipped away.

Not what they are saying now.

They are talking about setting up a complete review of the case to judge whether they should re-open the investigation.

sussexfatboy

Jan 4, 2005
Hastings
Sarah Jane Gallagher, chief Crown prosecutor for Sussex, said: "I am satisfied that the Crown Prosecution Service fulfilled its duty... and the decision to try Mr Jenkins again was correct."

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
sussexfatboy said:
Sarah Jane Gallagher, chief Crown prosecutor for Sussex, said: "I am satisfied that the Crown Prosecution Service fulfilled its duty... and the decision to try Mr Jenkins again was correct."

Erm, that quote sounds like standard procedure to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here