Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No verdict in Jenkins trial

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Is that not the same as he wasn't found guilty of any crime and in Scotland they have a NOT PROVEN verdict but we don't in England. It is either Guilty or Not Guilty and the charges dismissed.

I have heard on films etc the judge usually says ' you have been found not guilty and leave this court without a blemish to your reputation'. Is this the same in this case?

My Knowledge of legal matters is fairly limited but as his original conviction for the murder had been quashed and two re-trials have failed to re-convict him I guess statement ' you have been found not guilty and leave this court without a blemish to your reputation'. would apply to him.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
clippedgull said:
didn't he lie about his teaching qualifications?

Yes. I think that was divulged in the original trial. By all accounts he was a good deputy-head despite having lied on his CV.

I doubt he will go back to any sort of job in the public eye anyway.

Teaching is, on a local level, quite a high-profile profession.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
He will never teach again. He got his job as a deputy head at the school by lying on his application - something that is very serious offence in itself.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sussexfatboy
I knew the man. He taught me at school, and believe me; a cold, calculating, control-freak, lying child killer walked free today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eastlondonseagull said:
Why? Explain... ???

yes please explain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
jonny.rainbow said:
The part of this case that has always stuck in my mind is that they found a piece of plastic carrier bag inserted up Billie-Jo's nostril
This makes me think that he is innocent , as all the pieces of evidence no longer connect. Why is a piece of a supermarket carrier bag found in Billie jo's nose?. The blood splatter found on him could have come from her dying breaths yet the prosecution tried to convince the jury it could have only occurred at the instant of her death. The pieces of carrier bag lodged in her nose was linked to a local man with mental health problems who also put pieces of bags up his nose. I wonder if the police and CPS will open a new line of enquiry to establish if someone else had the modus operandii ? Just goes to show you that you can be 100% innocent but once evidence gathers in the wrong direction all the police want is a conviction.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
wagsforever said:
I only live about 2 minutes away from the scene of the murder

Anything you want to get off your chest...?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Superseagull said:
He will never teach again. He got his job as a deputy head at the school by lying on his application - something that is very serious offence in itself.
I wonder how many other teachers are in the same position about lying on their cv around the UK ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anybody that wears a Rupert Bear outfit has something to hide.
_40971644_jenkins_thirdtrial_203body.jpg

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Why did Jenkins suddenly rush the kids into his car to go and buy some white spirit when he had a full bottle in the house, yet take no money or credit cards, then drive round in circles for 15 minutes before returning to find Billie Jo dead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here