Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No verdict in Jenkins trial

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The jury in the Billie-Jo Jenkins murder retrial at the Old Bailey have failed to reach a verdict.
It was the third time Sion Jenkins, 48, had gone on trial for the murder in Hastings, East Sussex.

The former deputy head teacher, now of Lymington, Hampshire, had always denied murdering his foster daughter at the family home on 13 February 1997.

The schoolgirl was battered to death with an iron tent peg in the back garden as she painted the patio doors.

Mr Jenkins was originally convicted of the murder in 1998 and underwent two appeals.

His conviction was quashed at the second appeal in 2004 and a retrial ordered.

In 2005, the retrial jury failed to reach a verdict, leading to the third trial getting under way last autumn.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Time to give the bloke a break, 3 trials , enough is enough. My gut feeling is he is innocent and always has been.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The part of this case that has always stuck in my mind is that they found a piece of plastic carrier bag inserted up Billie-Jo's nostril.

Now you could probably convince me that Sion Jenkins was a man who was driven to violence in a fit of temper but why would he stuff a piece of carrier bag up her nostril?

Sadly, I don't think we will ever know for certain the events leading to her death but it is time to let this man go free.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It's certainly not a clear cut case. He might be guilty, he might not be: no-one is sure.

He's spent some time in prison, and he's going to be considered guilty by some people for the rest of his life. But he won't be going back to prison.

I guess that's fair, really.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
With the amount of time he as spent either on remarned or actualy charged if found guilty he would not serve long anyway.

Richie Morris said:
For the full story read this weeks Hastings Observer...;)

What did the Crime Prosecution Service have to say about the outcome Richie? :p

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They said "Dont worry Rich, it was an EASY mistake to make which has been made by reporters on the BBC and in The Times as well."

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Richie Morris said:
For the full story read this weeks Hastings Observer...;)

Richie ...if you are researching old cases... Time to revisit the Bobby Jones (?) murder and The St Helens Road mystery fire

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Auditor said:
Richie ...if you are researching old cases... Time to revisit the Bobby Jones (?) murder and The St Helens Road mystery fire

I believe there is a new £10k reward stumped up for the Jones investigation.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Time to give the bloke a break, 3 trials , enough is enough. My gut feeling is he is innocent and always has been.

Prehaps when or if we hear of the evidence that was not allowed to be given in court you may change your mind.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
BensGrandad said:
Just had a thought was the official verdict NOT GUILTY. In which case there should be nothing to stop him going back to teaching!!!!

I'd assumed that as they reached no verdict the trial had collapsed.

Therfore he has not been declared NOT GUILTY.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is that not the same as he wasn't found guilty of any crime and in Scotland they have a NOT PROVEN verdict but we don't in England. It is either Guilty or Not Guilty and the charges dismissed.

I have heard on films etc the judge usually says ' you have been found not guilty and leave this court without a blemish to your reputation'. Is this the same in this case?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Richie Morris said:
His aunts attacked her shouting 'You f***ing murderer'.

HIS aunts? Why would HIS aunts do that? Perhaps you meant HER aunts, Richie?

And attacked HER? Is Sion Jenkins a woman now? Or perhaps you meant HIM, Richie?

Whoever subs your copy for the Hastings Observer deserves a medal!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would imagine the fact he lied to get his job as a head teacher might stop him getting another teaching job.

Not that he will need to considering his wife is a millionaire, he has already written a book and there is a documentary in the pipeline.

He did not get a not guilty. The jury failed to return a verdict.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here