Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Smoking at Amex

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
It is a pointless habit, lets be honest. £7 a pack these days? You literally must have money to burn....

Average cost say £100 per month to feed a reasonable habit, £1200 per year. So over 10 years you'll have smoked £12,000 worth. You've also paid a huge amount more in tax than everyone else. And for what, higher blood pressure, smelly breath and clothes, and likely to be a shorter lifespan. :smokin::dunce:

Might well be a pointless habit to some, but not everyone. I fear that your pointless comments come from a case of pointless verbal diahorrea.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Might well be a pointless habit to some, but not everyone. I fear that your pointless comments come from a case of pointless verbal diahorrea.

Don't fear, you can be safe in the knowledge my verbal diarrhoea (I assume that's what you meant?) was not tainted with the stink of stale smoke :thumbsup:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Don't fear, you can be safe in the knowledge my verbal diarrhoea (I assume that's what you meant?) was not tainted with the stink of stale smoke :thumbsup:

:clap:

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Went to get my ticket for Wolves game today. Got outta the car and was going to light up until i was told by a steward that the whole of the area around the Amex is now (from 2 weeks ago) a non smoking area. Was told that i could have a smoke in the lower car park if i wanted though. Was anyone else aware of this? :down:
You might want to check this with the club as my understanding was that the grounds of the amex was a no smoking are for staff sun to fri between 07.00 - 19.00 and on a matchday none of us stewards could smoke from when we clocked in until we clocked out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Smoking is just very expensive, slow and ultimately painful suicide.

I really don't understand what would possess anyone to do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a non smoker, and never really around smoke, I go months without even the hint of smelling it.

It's really odd when, on occasion, I then do smell cigarettes.
I get a mixture of disgust (obviously) but then a wave of nostalgia.
5 mornings a week there would be a pile of stinky second hand tobacco reeking clothes, in the corner of my bedroom.

Happy days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No smoking at the Amex has clearly filtered down to the team, of late.
Oh they are smoking, just nothing conducive to running around playing football.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Smoking is just very expensive, slow and ultimately painful suicide.

That's the propaganda. Not everyone who smokes, gets lung cancer. And not everyone who gets lung cancer is a smoker. Smoking doesn't help, but it's your genetic make-up which is primarily responsible.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well if there was a designated area for smokers (or 4 actually, 1 per stand) you wouldn't have to.

This was always hilarious to me. The anti-smokers banging on about no one being allowed to smoke in doors and then getting all wound up when they have to encounter it when entering or leaving somewhere. Fact is the shit people breath in everyday just going to work from the environment is hardly filtered air!

If you value your lungs that much and are so paranoid my suggestion is you find a large box and ask a friend to tape you inside it, dig a hole, throw you in it (whilst taped inside afore mentioned box) and fill hole with cement.......................never a mucky breath shall you take!
As an air quality consultant, whilst I get what you're saying, you're talking bollocks; sorry!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No footy to bitch about tonight, let's bitch about smokers and non smokers. You lot are priceless! :ffsparr:

I was in the North Stand Reception area before last Saturday's game and a steward saw someone smoking outside. She asked a colleague to confirm that this wasn't allowed. The answer came back that smoking was permitted on the external concourse on match days for everyone except Albion staff.

This does suggest, however, that different rules might apply on non-match days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here