Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No-one on Loan

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I'm just hoping there is a player called ESTADIO, so we can complete the Madrid full set :clap /QUOTE]

x1pzyQbOAzpbXmeiyDOsAwFsYNbGMwrgqzB2JAvMVJrmgQLLL-rVpL-rbg8G3thzxPT1N1Ww3sAD81MxcS51LA4Q5cC65hz3a7yRS-Pf4YnZD4ggy_BPi8Fi3lk5LcVMyVXvCkg2teRGC-StXNfgid1Gw

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I still think Vicente would be the perfect no. 10 if need be.

.................Bridcutt ......................

Buckley ........................Noone

..................Harley .......................

...........................Vicente ............
.....................CMS.......................

Based on what, exactly?

According to the Spanish media reports he's played exclusively on the left wing for 11 years at Valencia, and their fans have suggested on here that his only position is that.

Not saying you're wrong, but you have no reason to believe he can play anywhere else.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Based on what, exactly?

According to the Spanish media reports he's played exclusively on the left wing for 11 years at Valencia, and their fans have suggested on here that his only position is that.

Not saying you're wrong, but you have no reason to believe he can play anywhere else.

Based on what Gus has said I'd imagine. "Vicente is the special player we wanted. He has great qualities in terms of his ability and flexibility to play in a range of different positions, so plenty of quality."

Or from the Argus....Vicente can play on either wing, through the middle or as a deep-lying striker, giving Poyet an exciting addition to the attacking options in his table-topping squad.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Based on what Gus has said I'd imagine. "Vicente is the special player we wanted. He has great qualities in terms of his ability and flexibility to play in a range of different positions, so plenty of quality."

I know Gus said that. And if he turns out to be the best No10 in the world, I'll be delighted. Saying he can play there doesn't make it true though. His career to date suggests nothing of the sort. Fingers crossed though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
in either direction.......according to Gus this morning no-one coming in or going out. We go with what we've got until January at least. Right decision?

Any more 'selection problems' and I think GP's head will burst! Two CB's back soon, very few injuries left after that... all looks rosy in the Amex garden. No-one else needed in my opinion.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Still think we will need someone in especially with 4 games in 9 days. Bound to pick up injuries. Dunk or greer get injured and we are f*cked

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Still think we will need someone in especially with 4 games in 9 days. Bound to pick up injuries. Dunk or greer get injured and we are f*cked

F*cked maybe a tad dramatic. Gus has said "We are on standby, with options in every single position, but that is just in case something really bad happens, a long-term injury at the back or maybe Will Hoskins not fully recovering and having a setback."

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Problem with loan players that are good enough for us is that they will want to play. If we only want someone to cover for when we have 4 games in 10 days, whats the point? We have loads of forward options as listed above

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Based on what, exactly?

Well, this . .

Or from the Argus....Vicente can play on either wing, through the middle or as a deep-lying striker, giving Poyet an exciting addition to the attacking options in his table-topping squad.

and at the age of 30 and far and beyond any player in our league his vision would be perfect foil for CMS. Also with Noone being probably the best player so far this season there's room for both. That's me reasons.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I still think Vicente would be the perfect no. 10 if need be.

.................Bridcutt ......................

Buckley ........................Noone

..................Harley .......................

...........................Vicente ............
.....................CMS.......................

We'll find it tough going with only 6 in the team ...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Well, this . .

and at the age of 30 and far and beyond any player in our league his vision would be perfect foil for CMS. Also with Noone being probably the best player so far this season there's room for both. That's me reasons.

I can see what you mean, but hkfc is right, the Valencia supporters on here are convinced that wide left was his only position. I think after 11 years of watching the fella, they should know. But I wouldn't put it past Gus to make him into a goalkeeper, with all the wizardry that man seems able to perform. :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Whatever way you look at it, we one hell of a flair/attack minded squad that seems to be able to hold its own in this league.

Defence working well and already looking solid as last year.
Midfield options coming out of our ears - with pace and bit and now the ability to dictate play.
Attackers that demand the ball and score goals.

Very happy STH here!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Problem with loan players that are good enough for us is that they will want to play. If we only want someone to cover for when we have 4 games in 10 days, whats the point? We have loads of forward options as listed above

Vincelot

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
I can see what you mean, but hkfc is right, the Valencia supporters on here are convinced that wide left was his only position. I think after 11 years of watching the fella, they should know. But I wouldn't put it past Gus to make him into a goalkeeper, with all the wizardry that man seems able to perform. :lolol:

As I said in my 1st comment in here, Vicente started his career in Levante playing as 2nd striker (being moved to the left due to his speed) and he also played there with Cuper and Benítez in Valencia a few times. He has the perfect conditions to play as second striker or as mediapunta. Yes, he has played mainly on the left during his career in Valencia, but anyone who has seen Valencia play, should know that the 4 attacking players (4-2-3-1) switch their spots constantly, being a very dinamic attack. You could see this in one counter attack:

Villa
Vicente-Mata-Silva

And this the following:
Mata
Villa-Silva-Vicente

And this the next:
Vicente
Mata-Silva-Villa

The same changing any of them for Joaquín or Pablo.

With Vicente it was the same situation that with Mata: he started playing as second striker in R.Madrid B and he was moved to play on the left in Valencia because Vicente was injured. Same with Silva: always a mediapunta, but moved to the left because of Vicente's injuries. As any of them, Vicente is versatile enough to play in every attacking position, and having lost a bit of his pace, he will do better as 2nd striker because he has the vision, the pass and his scoring hability is more of a foward than a winger. Present day football is not static and players switch positions constantly. It is like Ronaldo and Messi: they are more forwards than wingers right now. David Villa plays on the left for Spain and Barça, not as centre forward; etc, etc.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite surprised about none of the DS going out on loan, but suppose Gus wants them to play our 'brand' of football and he clearly thinks no other club offers that at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here