Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No-one on Loan

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
in either direction.......according to Gus this morning no-one coming in or going out. We go with what we've got until January at least. Right decision?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Shame, was hoping to see another striker

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I think we are bang on at the moment so im not fussed about any more coming in. We have a very very good squad and if it was paynter that was wanted then id rather him stay at leeds tbh.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think that's a good shout. I'm happy with what we've got and I think we have enough depth. Hopefully El Abd will be back soon to provide a little bit of extra cover. I'm a tad surprised not to see JFC go out on loan though tbh.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ha ha! I must admit I was thinking more about whether we have got enough to stay at the top end of the table but yes FO-L, I guess it does mean that there is no excuse not to get the new team photo out there :)

Missing out on the excitement of more new signings is a little disappointing and you do wonder if we can put a "Plan B" together when the passing game fails - as we know from experience it sometimes does.

I'm guessing that it means that Hoskins injury wont keep him out long term (Gus says he is 50:50 for the weekend although I'm sure he wont risk him) but we do lack a target man as an alternative so if it's not working. Maybe I'm wrong and my thinking is as out of date as Sam Allardyce's tactics? I hope so!

In fairness a fit Hoskins and Barnes can play in different roles if they have to so we could switch one of them to be more of a central target man if needed even though it isn't playing to their normal strengths. It's about being flexible. Or maybe there is someone (Torby presumably as Bergkamp is reportedly persona non gratis) ready to come through to give us something just a little bit different tactically?

No worries defensively and the idea that none of the DS will go out must boost their confidence that they are part of the Gus master-plan and might just get a chance if needed. I'm sure they will play regularly against quality opposition even if they are only competitive friendlies and they will always play in the Brighton style so will be as ready as possible if needed.

Overall good news I think and especially that it's being said on day one of the loan window to remove any doubt but just a shame to miss that buzz of "will we sign someone"?

With Buckley fit - I think this is the case? - we certainly have more options cos he can play as a striker.

Would expect to seem him and another winger/attacker (LuaLua or Vicente) on the bench alongside Brez, Cook and Navarro/Vincelot (if he's fit)/Sparrow/Dicker - depending who starts alongside Noone, Harley & Bridcutt.

Once Hoskins fit we'll be pretty well stocked

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Gus didn't mention Elphick's new set back. Tommy and Adam back in a couple of weeks???

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Overall good news I think and especially that it's being said on day one of the loan window to remove any doubt but just a shame to miss that buzz of "will we sign someone"?

We won't sign anyone on loan.. Doesn't mean we won't snatch up another Vicente/Calde :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I honestly don't think we need any new players at present as we have a very good squad.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No-one? or Noone? :ohmy:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm just hoping there is a player called ESTADIO, so we can complete the Madrid full set :clap2:

Estadio_Vicente_Calder%C3%B3n.jpg

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
More than happy with what we've got. Our fire power is as good as anyone's in this league, our midfield is outstanding,and in defence we have two to come back and GG and Dunk have been class so far. Would have liked another goalkeeper in case Ankergren gets injured or loses form. I don't have very much confidence in Brezovan in this league. But looking at the squad as a whole, I have come to the conclusion that............We're f***ing brilliant!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our forward minded players include;

CMS: proper centre forward. Like to chase balls, facing the goal.
Barnes: striker. penalty box player. Decent in the air, too.
Hoskins: decent pace, can play off the front man as a 'No 10'. Can also play out wide.
Harley: Essentially a midfielder, but also likes the 'No 10' role'
KLL: classic wide man. Superfast
Buckley: can play as a fast winger, but considers himself a striker.
Noone: bag of tricks.
Vicente: classic left winger. Media reports contradictory. Some suggest great versatility. Valencia fans say only wide left.
Agdestein: consistently banging in the goals at reserve level. 'Next cab off the rank'?

Without considering Bergkamp or Barker, that's still a fair few options for Gus to consider. The obvious missing option is a big, 'back to goal' hold up man. We won't miss such a player though, as in absence of such a player, we simply won't play a style where he becomes required or important.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I still think Vicente would be the perfect no. 10 if need be.

.................Bridcutt ......................

Buckley ........................Noone

..................Harley .......................

...........................Vicente ............
.....................CMS.......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here